14.

Third Person

My name is Joel Dawson. I'm 24 years old, and I survived seven days on the surface. Twice, actually.

I'm alive because of the generosity of a few strangers and the kindness of a great dog.

My colony and I are headed to the mountains.

There's supposed to be less monsters there.

And don't get me wrong.

The surface is a dangerous place.

But I don't think hiding underground is the answer anymore.

There is a great big, beautiful, inspiring world out there.

And I know you think it might be impossible, but it's not.

If I can survive out here, anybody can.

It's like a good friend once told me.

Good instincts are earned by making mistakes.

If you're lucky enough to survive a few mistakes, you're gonna do all right out here.

In this recording, you'll find everything I know about our new world.

Most of this I had to learn the hard way.

Hopefully, it'll make your way a little easier.

So crank open that hatch.

Breathe some fresh air.

Go. Live your life.

It won't be easy, but it'll be worth it.

I traveled 85 miles to find what I had been missing below ground for seven years was right above my head this whole time.

And it's incredible.

Oh, and one last thing.

Don't settle.

You don't have to.

Not even at the end of the world.

Signing off,

Joel Dawson.

as joel, boy, rayven and the rest of his colony walked through the surface, they all laughed and joked. they were heading towards the mountains to find clyde and minnow along with most other colonies.

"why are you staring at me?" rayven asked, stopping to turn around to face him with a smile on her face.
"i think you look really beautiful" he said before wrapping his arm around her shoulder and continuing to walk, pulling her along as boy trailed happily behind them.

he pressed a kiss to her temple before they caught up with the colony in front of them.

nightfall had hit as everyone laid down, rayven laying her head against joel's chest. he wrapped his arms around her waist, seeing the younger girl already asleep against him. boy laid beside her before closing his eyes and making himself comfortable.

joel soon found sleep, along with the rest of the colony. once morning came, they were all back on their feet and trudging through the surface. they had already run into quite a few monsters already but were lucky enough to avoid them.

after some time, they had managed to make it into the cold mountains. as they saw a small structure, they heard a scream before rayven felt a deathly grip around her. she looked down to see the young girl with her hands wrapped around her extra tight.

"hey minnow" she said with a smile.
"your back!" she beamed before pulling away and turning to joel before slapping him.
"thats for stealing my line on your broadcast!" she stated as rayven laughed and joel held his cheek.
"that really hurt"
"come on" minnow said before grabbing rayvens hand and leading her towards clyde.
"look who made it" he said before embracing joel.

once minnow finally separated from rayven, she was able to hug clyde before joel left to get the colony settled into their own little cabins.

"soo are you guys dating now?" minnow asked mockingly with a cheeky smile.
"yeah, yeah we are"
"he did all that work and it wasnt even worth it!" she rolled her eyes as rayven smiled.

boy ran up to her side before minnow wrapped her arms around him. she played with him in the cabin as joel finally led her to their own little cabin.

"we can finally get good sleep instead of sleeping on rocks" joel said while holding both her hands.
"its gonna be cold though"
"but you'll have me. see! this gives you a reason to always cuddle with me!" he stated happily before starting to dance, still holding her hands.
"joel, you look like an idiot" she said with a laugh.
"come on baby, dance with me" he said before letting go and dancing like an idiot.
"i dont dance joel"
"well its time you start! see, these are some sick moves"
"please dont ever say that" she laughed.

he flopped down on the bed before opening his arms and waiting for the smaller girl to join. she laid beside him as he wrapped his arms around her, holding her body close to his.

"i love you" he whispered.
"i love you too"

~~ i really hope you guys enjoyed this story!! i know i updated really slowly but i hope it wasnt too bad :) i hope you all have an amazing 2021 and enjoy yourselves!

i have a new stiles stilinski book and a new dylan obrien book if you would like to read!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐫 | 𝐉𝐨𝐞𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐬𝐨𝐧 🎉