13.

Third Person

as they both pulled away, rayven avoided looking into joels eyes. she didnt know whether she was a rebound or if he actually liked her.

"joel"
"i dont know why i continued a stupid journey to a girl 85 miles away and didnt even think if she was still in love with me. i mean its been 7 years and some how i never realized rhat you were right in front of me"

he gently placed his hand at the nape of her neck before lightly kissing her lips. she wrapped her arms around his neck and looked down as boy barked at them. they both laughed before locking eyes again.

"you were uh- pretty smart back there" he said. 
"you werent half bad, dawson" she joked.
"we should uh- probably get back to your colony before they think we died or something"
"your probably right"

before she could start walking, he gently kissed her again before they made their way towards his colony. they trudged through different terrain but slowly, they made it towards his home.

once they were close enough, they ran towards the opening. joel opened the hatch as he climbed down and waited for rayven to join her. she lowered boy in as joel picked him up and set him down before watching her come down. he shouted for his colony as many different voices emerged and different cheers were yelled.

joel was engulfed in a huge hug as his friends and colony members jumped in joy around him. rayven stood there with a small smile while fiddling with her hands behind her back.

they congratulated him and asked all types of questions while she watched in awe since she had never been in a colony. she felt like she was watching a family reunite, and she was. they all considered joel as that nerdy brother who was actually a pretty cool guy.

once they were done with the celebrating, joel took rayven into his room as they started packing up his stuff that scattered around. as she walked over to grab something, he softly grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into him.

"since i guess i uh- i never actually asked, rayven, would you be my girlfriend?" he asked as a smile appeared on her face.
"yes joel, i will be your girlfriend" she replied as he kissed her cheek.
"YES!"
"JOELS GOT A GIRLFRIEND!"

all types of cheers erupted from his friends as they both jumped in surprise to see them all gathered around joels room. joel laughed but held his hand up like rocky before kissing her lips passionately.

~~~
4 more chapters 🥺