08.

Joel Dawson

i sat next to mav1s as i looked into the sky. she had just lost all power and it was just me and boy again. rayven was still gone and i didnt even know if she was coming back or if she made it.

•••

"some survivors showed up at the camp. you dont think thats something i gotta worry about right?" i asked boy as we walked.
"i mean what are the odds that their awesome, similar to my age and potentially a threat to me romantically? slim to none. probably. i think its good actually, i think were totally fine. actually why dont we just pick up the pace a little bit just incase we get- ohh" i said as i almost walked into a ditch.
"okay you know what? why dont we go another way yeah?"

boy ran into a trailer park as i followed but not without seeing gills. i looked around before picking up a toy hotdog and throwing it. the giant underground monster popped up infront of me by the toy. i took off as boy followed just before passing me up.

"wait! boy! i cant run that fast!"

it followed closely behind us as we ran through the thick forest. i tripped over a tree stump and crashed onto the ground. i hit in a tree stump with boy and grabbed his collar. the monster got closer and closer. i closed boys mouth with my hand over it and closed my eyes as the slimey bug got close to my head.

it retreated as i let boy go and pet him rapidly. boy saw the red dress on the floor before running to it and jumping into the water to grab it. the bug came back out as i ran to grab my bag. i grabbed the grenade and pulled it.

"uh 3-" i threw it at the monster before jumping in the water and seeing guts fly in.
"YEAH! WOO! huh that was awesome. i feel like tom cruise" i said before feeling a pain in my leg.

i grabbed my floating bag and swam to the surface as boy waited for me. i yelled in pain before shooing boy away and unbuttoning my shirt. i pulled huge leeches off myself before almost almost throwing up. i tried to contain my screams as i pulled them off. i looked at boy who moved his ear.

i felt behind mine and pulled the leech off as white liquid and blood poured out of its mouth. i screamed and gagged before throwing it to the ground.

"you! YOU! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU WHY DONT YOU LISTEN TO ME HUH?! HUH?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU JUST DID?! YOU ALMOST JUST GOT US KILLED! WERE SUPPOSED TO CARE ABOUT EACHOTHER OKAY?! I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO YOU! NEVER! YOU BAILED ON ME! OH MY GOD THAT FRICKING DRESS!! I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE! I MISS RAYVEN TOO OKAY?!" i yelled before boy ran away.

i grabbed my bag and stumbled through the forest.

dear aimee,
its not looking good. and by it, i don't remember what i was talking about. i cant feel my feet or my face. i think im dying.

i fell to the floor as i remembered clydes words. i shoved a fern in my mouth before laying back.

if you find the best dog ever, thats boy. please look after him. tell him im sorry.

"have you seen my dog?" i asked as i sat against a tree with a figure walking towards me.

tell him i love him if you save him.

"i yelled at him"

and dont take his dress out of his mouth, he doesnt like that.

"and now i might not ever see him again"

and please dont shout at him. i know you wont.

"joel" aimee said as she touched my face.
"oh my god. its you" she mumbled in disbelief.
"aimee?"
"i cant believe you made it. oh my god i cant believe you made it!" she said as she helped me up.

i leaned in and placed my lips on hers as she instantly kissed back. i held my fist in the air just before pulling away and collapsing.