12.

Joel Dawson

as cap pressed a button, the yacht started moving towards them at a fast pace.

"what can i say? she gets crazy in the apocalypse" he stated.
"oh my god" i mumbled.

the elders screamed in terror as a huge crab looking thing appeared over the rocks. they tried to run but everything was chained off.

"oh my god were gonna die" i said while fiddling with the chains around the pole and my hands.

aimee broke out of hers before getting a piece of metal and running.

"i have to stop these bastards from taking our stuff!"
"oh my-!" i said before she ran at me and used the metal to break me free.
"you traveled 85 miles across hell, i think i can stop three assholes! you protect the crowd!" she said as she ran away.
"what?!"

aimee ran at rocko, dodging bullets and knocking him into the wooden cabin. i stared at her, calling out her name as she collapsed. i grabbed the spear looking thing and ran af the monster. i stabbed it and watched it fall over me and collapse onto its back.

i got back up and stared at it, seeing blue bolts of electricity covering it as it got back up. it launched me up and into the sand causing me to hit my head. when i regained consciousness, i saw aimee and dana fighting eachother just as aimee hit the floor.

the monster was still coming closer and closer as i coughed dryly. i heard barking as i looked up to see boy running towards me. he ran into my lap before running back to the monster and barking at it.

"dana! shoot the dog!" i heard cap say.

the rocket fired and hit the monster as i shielded my eyes from the smoke and sand. i looked over to see aimee thrown to the ground by cap.

"boy! boy! i need you to listen to me right now! go get aimee!" i said before boy ran off.
"im sorry i yelled at you!" i yelled.

i leaned down to grab my spear before being knocked down. i hid behind a wooden fort until that was knocked over aswell.

"woah! woah! hey hey hey! listen! you dont wanna do this!" i yelled at the crab.

it grabbed my spear before roaring at us. it grabbe dmy foot and flipped me upside down while staring at me. i looked into its eyes.

"you can always tell by the eyes" i mumbled.

suddenly i heard a boom and i was dropped to the floor. i looked over to see rayven with the cannon and the chains attached to the crab were blown off. aimee helped me to my feet while the crab rushed away. everyone watched it go into the water while boy ran over to rayven.

the crab surfaced onto the yacht as we heard the screams of them all.

"that was amazing" i said as i stared at her.
"uh? thank you" she said out of breath.
"aimee, this is the girl i was talking about. her names rayven" i stated as they both shook hands.
"how did you get here?" i asked.
"well after i ran, some how boy found me and some how we found you"

~~

i said my goodbyes to everyone before finding aimee.

"aimee. hey um, i gotta get back to my colony and see if their okay"
"right, yeah"
"some friend of mine told me theres a place in the mountains. i guess thats like safe from the monsters so maybe we'll all head there"
"oh"
"um, it was really cool to see you, in action"

she embraced me in a warm hug as i spoke.

"im so glad you came" she stated.
"i gotta go. im worried about em"
"yeah"
"but i had something for you"
"oh my god, crocodile carl?"
"i know. i thought you should have him back finally. here"
"no i cant take that. you need it"
"no no no, i want you to take it. it'd mean alot to me. really, take it. i got it all up here anyways so i can always make copies. thanks for inspiring me to take this trip. its the best decision i ever made. alright well im gonna go. boy come on!" i said as boy walked towards me.

rayven was leaned up against the wall and waiting for us.

"be careful" aimee said.
"yeah you too. bye aimee"
"bye"

~~

"your an absolute idiot" rayven said with a smile as we walked through the muddy water.
"what? boy ran away from me because i yelled at him!"
"i dont think that was the real reason"
"no i think it is. he has a vendetta against me now"
"thats not true at all. also i think we broke a rule"
"im sure we broke many but which one specifically" i said as she laughed.
"we got our socks wet"
"damn it! thats the one i have never broken"
"yeah and apparently its the most important"
"i hate wet socks. if you have wet socks then you might as well eat soggy cereal"
"no! i would rather have wet socks"
"your disgusting" i said while lightly pushing her.
"your disgusting. atleast wet socks can dry but soggy cereal is just-" she said while fake gagging.

we trudged our way out of the muddy water before finally being able to walk on flat surface.

"only a few more miles until we reach my colony"
"is it weird that im nervous?"
"no not really. it might be- actually it'll be kinda funny"
"why?"
"your rayven or ray and i have a friend in the colony named ray"
"you have no sense of humor" she said to me.

i stopped for a second, causing her and boy to stop. she turned to me before i rushed up to her. i placed my hands on her waist before gently placing my lips onto hers.