Chapter 13: "What's your number?"

Mark shrugged and shook his head," nothing, my parents are out of town for work so, I'm alone." Mark said while eating the cookies. "Oh, interesting.." Hendery said softly, "Why, what's up?" Mark questioned. Hendery didn't want to seem weird or anything by asking him to stay over for the holidays since they just met, but he didn't want Mark to spend the holidays alone. Which worried him by just thinking about it, Hendery mustered up the courage and asked him.

"I was thinking, maybe you could stay over here for the holidays or until your parents come back at least." Hendery said while moving to the bed, Mark was shocked by the sudden act but was thrilled that Hendery asked him, " uh yeah yeah sure I would like that a lot." Mark responded with a smile, "but um is your parents gonna be okay with me staying over. I don't wanna intrude on you guys." Mark said trying to make sure it was okay for him to stay. " Don't worry, I will ask my parents just to make you feel better," Hendery said patting Mark's leg.

The two boys spent a couple of more minutes just chatting and trying to know each other more, but they soon stopped when they had the door open. The door creaked open a bit, which made Mark jump a little, " You okay?" Hendery asked in concern, " yeah, sorry the door took me by surprise." Mark chuckled while trying to play off his embarrassment. Hendery got up and went over to the door to check who or what it was. "oh mom, dad. What are doing?" Hendery said into the cracked open door, Mark panicked, he sat up and straightened himself up trying to look presentable to the boy's parents.

"Nothing, we just came to check on you. But we didn't realize you had someone over." Hendery's mom said winking, Hendery shook his head in disbelief," Mom, Dad. This is Mark. Mark these are my parents." He said while opening the door fully to let them in. Mark quickly got up to bow to them, "Nice to meet you." Mark said in his most polite manner. "Nice to meet you too Mark." The parents said in unison. The room grew silent until the dad spoke up, "Hmm, son you look very familiar." Hendery's dad said trying to figure out who this boy was, "Oh my..., Are you a student at star cloud high school?" The dad waited for a response from him.

"yes sir I do, I am a junior." Mark said with confidence, " Oh my goodness, that's great. I am a teacher there for seniors and Hendery here also attends that school, he's a junior also." Hendery's dad said excitedly. Hendery got very embarrassed because Mark and he didn't talk that much about school, he didn't wanna bring it up, and Mark ends up getting upset. "Maybe we will see each other at school next week by chance," Mark said smirking. Hendery blushed a little but snapped out of it. "Right. Anyway um, mom, dad. is it okay if Mark stays over for Christmas. His parents are out of town, so is it alright?" Hendery questioned hoping they say yes. "aw of course he can stay over. any of your friends are welcomed." Hendery's mom said smiling.

"Great!" Hendery said hugging his parents tightly, he let go and showed them out the door because he still wanted to get to know Mark more and be alone. The two of them were once again, left alone by themselves in the room. "so if you need any help bringing clothes back from your house let me know okay?" Hendery said. Mark nodded but realized he had no way of contacting him, " Hendery, what's your number?" Mark said grabbing his phone from the bedside. "oh it's XXX-XXX-XXXX" Mark nodded and put the number in his phone and called it. Hendery's phone started ringing and picked it up.

"There now you have mine too, make sure you save it when I leave okay." Mark said while placing Hendery's contact name in his phone, "Y-yeah of course." Hendery stuttered a little. The two of them sat awkwardly until Hendery broke the silence. " it's getting late you should get home and get your stuff." Hendery said while getting up and picking up the leftover items. " You're right, I'll be back in 15 minutes." Mark said while checking the time on his phone, " Mark.. if you get lost, call me, I'll come to find you alright." Hendery said a bit softly than his normal voice. " Don't worry, ill call you when I get home and when I'm leaving just so you don't have to worry much," Mark said while smiling. Hendery nodded and took the trash downstairs, Mark followed behind him.

The two walked to the front door and said goodbye before letting Mark leave by himself. " Thank you for helping me and sorry for making you worry." Mark said Hendery nodded " It's fine, it wasn't a big deal but, please call me later, okay?" Hendery said, becoming worried again, Mark smiled and waved goodbye, this may have been the best thing that happened to him. 

(A/N: Y'all if find like two other names in here that are not mark and hendery ignore it hehhehhee its for my other site i post on and i can't use the names in this story so yeah anyway have a fun time *in keeho voice* hAvE a GoOd DaY Y' aLl)