Selfies - Boscha x reader

(Gay panic!Boscha x F! Reader requested by fredbear211913 )

CW: Swearing
----------------

Whether at a Grudgby game with people who somehow always made weird expressions at the wrong time, down at the marketplace where you were certain to get photobombed or at home when anyone could walk into your bedroom at any second Boscha would take selfies. It didn't matter if that day had been the worst of her life and all she wanted to do was slam a door and scream, Boscha would be damned if she left her Penstagram account alone for over 24 hours.

As with many teenagers, this obsession was not unique in Boscha's friend group. Littered all over each girl's Penstagram account were countless pictures, selfies and occasional screenshots of themselves and each other. Some, more painstakingly crafted to be pleasing to the eye than others. With profiles that looked like a silk scarf had obscured the true view of the pictures with a dreamy, hazy hue of pearl.

Currently, Boscha wishes that she could put one of those perfecting filters over her life. As she stares at her phone screen which shows a reflection of herself. Mock-idly swiping at the different glasses, animal ears and flower crowns that only exist on the camera app she had been taking (stupid, totally unnecessary to be caught doing) selfies on, she desperately tries to keep up her cool facade. Because Y/N was coming her way and Boscha wants to shrivel up and disappear.

It has to be magic. Some filter brought to life through a wicked wish to make her life difficult. An invisible pair of rose-tinted glasses. Super glued onto Boscha's face to give this girl, this specific person approaching her the same dreamy, hazy appearance of so many Penstagram accounts. There was no way, no reason for a person to be this easy to look at. To be so effortlessly lovely. And- crap - Y/N's saying something.

As she casually makes her way towards Boscha, Y/N somehow fails to notice how her attention roots Boscha to the spot. But, because of course, things couldn't already be awful enough as it is for Boscha now, whatever Y/N had just finished saying had flown right over her head.

Only now, as panic swirls in her mind, Boscha realizes how screwed she is. What did Y/N say? Would she think she got ignored on purpose? Is this what makes Y/N hate her forever?

Boscha almost rolls her eyes at her last worry. Or cries. She isn't sure. But what Boscha is sure of is that right now she has to stop thinking and start moving. Anything to stop her train-wreck thoughts. So, awkwardly she forces her body to move at her own accord again, dragging her eyes towards the person so, so close to her. Weakly attempting to convince herself that everything would be fine!

Actually looking at Y/N.

It's not fine.

Boscha quickly turns a fiery red colour.

Somehow the God-awful lights at Hexide didn't worsen the girl's appearance at all. The current slivers of light all over her face from the school lighting. Which up to this moment were always an awful yellow, look gold to Boscha. It makes Y/N look like she's glowing.

In the drab school uniform and mustard lighting that Boscha once cursed, said girl felt her legs go weak.

Noticing absolutely none of the internal turmoil her friend's going through. Y/N, who had by now reached Boscha in her full glory. Giggles, throws a friendly arm over her and poses with a lazy peace sign.

Oh.

Boscha feels like she's experiencing an actual heart attack.

"You and me... now." Boscha takes a deep breath. "You want to-" she can't say it. "With me? Like, just us - together?" The last part comes out as almost a whisper. Like a tentative fragment of hope shoved deep down in the almost question.

Y/N nods in confirmation, then smiles. Which is adorable and sweet and definitely making Boscha's palms a little sweaty.

By now she's holding out the phone. Y/N turns to face the camera. But her hand is still on Boshca's shoulder.

Boscha can't think, she can barely function.

She almost drops her phone at first. Fumbling, clumsily at it to press the button that will end this suffering. Instead, in her haste, it slips.

Y/N, whose eyes finally widen at Boscha's uncharacteristic actions. Only manages to take this hint so far. She mock-glares at Boscha's new nails. Blaming them for the mistake. And gives Boscha's shoulder a squeeze of playful encouragement.

As subtly as she can manage, Boshca takes a breath.

----

Thankfully the selfie is eventually taken. And Y/N leaves with a promise of seeing her soon.

Boscha's grip on her phone feels a little damp with sweat. She's still red.

Wiping her hands on her jacket Boshca takes a look at the picture and... She's staring right at Y/N's hand. Not at the camera. Not even slightly beside the camera. But right at her shoulder. Where Y/N's hand was. On her.

Oh fuck.

Boscha searches the picture. Trying desperately to find a reason for her to keep her slowly vanishing dignity. Timidly (almost unheard of behaviour for her) Boscha observes her expression. This doesn't help.

Why did she look like that? So incredibly dumbstruck as if she hadn't been paying attention at all! Why did she have some unseeing stare next to Y/N's usual cheeky grin? Her gaze wasn't one of some lovestruck puppy. In fact, Y/N's eyes glinted with something mischievous, almost knowing.

Wait.

Maybe Y/N does know.

Boscha wills for the ground to swallow her up.

-----
A/N
eccentricfreckle my beloved has began posting mcyt/dsmp one shots so go check them out. Their writing is *chefs kiss* :D