Thief - Eda x reader

Cw: swearing

Tonight the forest was quiet.

Which to anybody who wasn't used to this area, the calm stillness of the assorted ponds and hushed whispers of the trees could be beautiful. But anyone who was used to The Boiling Isles was incredibly unusual.

Usually, at least one strange creature would be making their way through the wilderness or a group of witches would be messing around either throwing a party or summoning some random demon.

But no. At this moment the animals of the wood slept undisturbed in a rare moment of peace.

Until...

"Get her!"

A hooded figure raced through the through the forest, dodging and weaving around every object that was in her way. Thunderous footsteps could be heard behind her.

These specific footsteps happened to belong to the Emperor's Coven who were doing a pretty shit job at their mission to be honest. That mission?

Capture the mysterious hooded figure.

Gracefully twirling to face the oncoming group of trained soldiers, the seemingly unbothered figure raised her arms. The coven members stopped and quickly took defensive positions. For a moment nothing happened. A coven member even began to laugh at how anticlimactic it was.

Until he disappeared into the darkness.

Slowly vines and branches began creeping towards the Emperor's Coven. Gradually every coven member got grabbed either by their ankles, wrists and (to an unfortunate few) heads. Some got dropped face-first into the mud where they would lie in defeat and agony (muddy puddles are still close to the ground). Others got discarded into ponds. There, they clung to rocks and each other for support.

With a cheeky grin the figure leapt over a nearby fallen trunk, cloak billowing out behind her and hid.

Just out of sight of the many defeated soldiers the figure shot her hand up into the air, summoning a black staff adorned with a cat of the same colour. She threw her staff before her and leapt on top of it before rising above the coven members that had been scattered about the forest floor.

Smugly she reached for a gem that had been placed safely in a hidden pocket on her cloak. Looking down at the defeated coven members Y/N Clawthorne, infamous thief, uttered a condescending, "Better luck next time." Before disappearing into the shadows.

——-

Despite how cool it looked Y/N really regretted her decision of flying into the trees. Even with her impressive flying skills, the number of branches in her way was almost impossible to get through unscathed.

Due to the lack of flying room Y/N now looked like she had been dragged through a bush backwards. Except it was spiky tree branches, forward and her own decision. And to top it all off Kitty (her palisman) was definitely annoyed at her now.

Thankfully she wasn't too far from home now. Both Y/N and Kitty were desperate to get home now, so with a grimace, the two sped through the wilderness.

Bursting out of the forest Y/N let out a sigh of relief and shook off her hood. As she slowly made her way to the ground a beaming Eda The Owl Lady came running up to greet her.

"Wow." Eda came to a stop and squinted at the leaves and scratches that covered Y/N's cloak, "you look awful."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, "I guess you don't want your gem then..." She shrugged. "Oh well, more for me I guess."

"Wait no, shiny thing!" Eda cried then stopped in surprise. "You... you actually got it?"

Y/N sighed fondly at her equally as infamous wife. "Yes of course I got it.-" she raised an eyebrow "-what do you take me for? Some rookie?"

Eda's smile had somehow widened. "That's my wife!" she yelled, picking Y/N up from her staff and twirling her around.

Y/N giggled and grabbed Eda, smashing their lips together.

A simultaneous, "ew, gross," and "aww " could be heard in the background.

The two broke apart one to scowl the other to giggle at Luz and King who had rushed outside at the sound of Y/N's arrival.

"Can't you see we're busy?" Eda grumbled a red beginning to spread across her cheeks. "There is no privacy here anymore!"

"Sure isn't" Hooty butted in.

Giving up, Eda dropped her head onto her wife's shoulder whilst Luz and Y/N attempted to suppress their giggles.

-----

A/N (online :/) School has started again and I'm not as interested in the show anymore so updates will be less frequent.

Literally only wrote this to have Eda say 'that's my wife' lmaoo