Being a Noceda whose dating Emira would include

Emira x Fem! Luz's older sister! Reader requested by Magical_Halfa
______

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

Emira starts at the sudden voice, lurching forward and out of the pity party she had been so caught up in seconds before. Not wanting to look pitiful towards the familiar voice that's currently laced with concern (for you, Emira's brain oh so helpfully adds as if this situation wasn't horrifyingly embarrassing enough). She panics for a second trying to grasp at some sort of excuse for her current sorry state.

"Oh, you know. Grom date things..."

Emira can feel herself dying inside. Grom date things? Grom date things? What the hell was that!?

And on another thought. Maybe she should look at the person next to her as well.

A face greets her, belonging to someone made familiar through the continuous run-ins between the two after her arrival at the Boiling Isles. One Emira has seen shrouded in distrust after she and her twin made the foolish decision to ask her younger sister to join them, alone (which she didn't allow, trailing after Luz to the library), to see the Wailing Star. Only for them to confirm any suspicions of ulterior motive by playing a cruel prank on their own younger sister to both Noceda's digust. 

One she has seen battered by the brutality of nature. Bruised after she had (admittedly to herself and her siblings surprise) heroically defended them from a terrifying beast. Almost knightly in the fierce determination she showed to protect and defend anyone from harm. 

One she had last seen overcome with gratefulness that turned Emira's life upside down as if she was the knight and not the other way round. Though hiding behind her eyes a crushing anxiety for the only family she had left with her in this world was present. Emira could only try to reassure her through training Luz to attack and defeat her fears as best as she could.

Yet her face looks different at this moment. Large doe eyes look at Emira's face gently, a friendly concern that makes her want to start crying brimming from them. Once again Emira is faced with another side of Y/N Noceda.

Emira wills for the universe to erase this night. Hopefully, in a way, that means Y/N forgets this ever happening. She tugs her brother's suit jacket around her, half from having something to do to distract from the embarrassment of this situation; half from the cold of sitting outside the school gymnasium.

"Oh..." Y/N hesitates and for a moment the atmosphere is stiflingly uncomfortable. Crushing Emira's already decreasing dignity.

Then she sits. "Are you okay?"

It was the question Emira was expecting. Yet it still makes her breath feel like it's been knocked out of her lungs.

Her eyebrows furrow and Emira sinks deeper into her knees. Her hunched position returning. Hiding her face from the world. She sucks in a breath, thinking of any rational response. But none come to mind. Maybe it's the pure abnormality of this situation? What is Y/N even doing out here? The purpose of this unforeseen visit to her pity party?

Letting out a steadying breath. Emira finally turns to Y/N who has been patiently sitting next to her. Who bothered to wait for her answer. Who cared enough to stay.

"I don't understand. Why do you care? Why are you even here?"

"What do you mean? Did the Slitherbeast attack mean nothing to you? We've hung out now! Even if it was to help Luz."

More questions. She's strangely cheery Emira notes.

"I just," Emira struggles with a response.

"I don't understand," she hesitates, "you."

"Then why don't we meet up tomorrow then? Y'know, so you can get to know me better."

"Like a..." Emira's voice trails off. She's been taken completely by surprise.

Y/N smiles in retaliation.

"If you want."

Any thoughts of Emira's previous date disappear.

•The date goes well

Really well

•In fact, you two go on more

•And now Emira is dating you

•Your relationship is full of secrets

•Badly kept from close friends and family

•Fiercely protected from the Blight parents

•Yeah, there's no way anyone is letting them know

•The thought of them catching you two has kept Amity up at night and therefore Luz

•Though neither you nor Emira think either of them is worried for just you two (wink wink)*

•Anyway

•Emira quickly gets over her shock and small nervous phase

•So you're both confident menaces to society now

•No building is safe from vandalism

•You're a lot more impulsive than Emira (which is also why you asked her out so suddenly, even if you were planning on doing that anyway)

•Theres a lot of grabbing Emira's hand and rushing somewhere to be nuisances involved

•Though Eda defends your actions by claiming you're just 'keeping up her and The Owl House's reputation'

•You both skip lessons at school together to go on secret dates, using the shortcuts as a means of escape

(Sometimes you just sit against the stone walls of the passages and lean against each other, loosely holding hands and count that as a date)

•To Eda's delight (when she found out)

•She's probably your relationship's #1 supporter

•Emira took you on a date to see the night sky to make up for your bad first impression of her at the library

•Needless to say, you now have happier memories of her and stars

•They looked especially memorable reflected on the gold in Emira's eyes

•Edric and Luz are both hopeless romantics who bother Emira and you respectively

•Luz found out through being nosy

•And acted offended when you hadn't told her about what happened at Grom immediately

•Even though you were planning on telling her after the date

•Luz maybe planned a date tailored to her fanfic fantasies for you two

•Sometimes, you and Emira still laugh at how ridiculously detailed and indulgent it was

•But in true Noceda fashion you tend to be a bit tropey sometimes too

•Snatching Emira and kissing in alleyways

•Big Hollywood kisses that for some reason make Emira want to lift one foot off the ground

•Kissing Emira when she's talking to get her to be quiet whilst playing pranks

•And Emira loves every moment of it

_____

A/N

Normally playful and confident characters getting nervous and speechless >>>>

*this is set around post-grom so they weren't dating yet. I wrote it before they become canon and it was meant to imply crushes lol