Hide and Seek

Kei was on his way to the gym, his mind occupied by his tangerine of a boyfriend who he hadn't seen in a while. None of them had come in contact with the said Tangerine for almost 2 weeks and Kei was about to lose it. Bad thoughts clouding his mind. He violently shook his head.

"That wouldn't happen... Would it?" He kept walking, his thoughts drowning the sound of music that was playing on his headphones. He came to an abrupt stop when he heard a familiar voice calling out to him.

"KEI!" Kei quickly turned around, his headphones dropping to his shoulders in the process. His eyes widened as he felt relief wash over him at the sight of a shorter male who had orange hair and a bright smile. It was his boyfriend, Hinata Shoyo. He quickly made his way to him and gave him a karate chop on the head.

"OW!" Shoyo whined, making a pouty face.

"Where the hell have you been!?" Kei said, raising his voice a bit, irritation and frustration evident in his tone. Shoyo flinched and looked down on his feet, fiddling with his fingers.

"I'm really sorry Kei! Something happened... That's why I couldn't contact you or any of our teammates." Shoyo answered, his head hung low, not wanting to see his boyfriend's face since he was scared that he might be angry with him. Kei sighed, he had to admit, he was happy to see the tangerine haired lad. But something about Shoyo seemed... Off? Kei brushed the feeling off and held Shoyo's hand.

"It's fine, you're headed to the gym right? Then let's go." Kei was about to drag Shoyo when Shoyo spoke.

"Actually... I'm not going to the gym." This made Kei freeze. 'Shoyo skipping practice?' The blonde thought to himself, as he stared at his boyfriend in disbelief, the feeling of Shoyo being off came back to him.

"A teacher made me run an errand! And it's a hard one so it's going to take me a while." Shoyo grumbled, making Kei chuckle in relief.

"Well if that's the case then I'll see you after practice." Kei said, patting Shoyo's head and giving him a small smile.

"More like you'll SEEK me after practice." Shoyo stated, giving his boyfriend a wink that made Kei raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mea—" "We're going to play hide and seek!" Shoyo cut him off, hopping a bit.

"Wha?" Kei blurted out in confusion which made Shoyo giggle.

"We're going to play hide and seek after your practice. When I finish my errand, I'll start hiding and you go and find me!" Shoyo exclaimed, eyes sparkling.

"But practice will probably end late and the school is huge... How will I find you then?" Kei asked, still a bit unsure if he should agree to his boyfriend's whims or put a stop to it before something bad happens.

"I already have a hiding place in mind! So I'm going to give you a clue." Shoyo handed him a small piece of paper that was neatly folded.

"Now go! You still have practice!" The shorter male was already pushing Kei towards the direction of the gym.

"Oh and you can invite the others to come find me too!" Shoyo said, before walking away.

"I'm pretty sure I can find you myself..." Kei mumbled, stealing one last glance at his boyfriend before completly heading to the gym.

— T i m e s k i p —

The team was about to head home when they noticed a certain blonde heading towards the direction opposite to the school gate.

"Uhm Tsukishima? That's not the way out?" Koushi said, getting the male's attention. Kei turned to look at him, contemplating whether he should tell the team or not. After a moment of debating with himself, he let out a sigh and spoke.

"I saw Shoyo earlier and—"

"YOU SAW HINATA!?" Tobio butted in, his eyes sparkling at the mention of his best friend's name.

"Yeah and—"

"HOW IS HE!?" "IS HE OKAY?" "WHERE IS HE NOW!?" and a lot of question were asked simultaneously, which made Kei sigh in frustration, light shaking his head side to side.

"I'd answer all of your questions if you DIDN'T interupt me." He said, irritation in his tone, which made everyone shut up.

"Sorry about that, go on Tsukishima." Daichi said, also a bit irritated by his teammates.

"Right. As I was saying... I saw Shoyo earlier. He said something came up which was why he couldn't contact us. And he couldn't come to practice since his teacher made him run and errand." Kei said, straightfowardly without a stutter.

"So... Where is he now?" Chikara asked hesitantly, knowing that the male was bombarded with questions and didn't need another one.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out." Kei answered in his usual monotone voice.

"What do you mean?" Kazuhito chimed in, a bit curious.

"We're playing hide and seek." The blonde answered again.

"This late at night?" Hisashi said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"How are you going to find him? The school is huge!" Yuu said, with a gesture that practically said 'like this huge'.

"About that, he gave me a clue... I haven't read it yet so..."

"Then read it!"

"Why? Are you going to help me find him?" Kei said, half wishing he didn't.

"Yeah!" Tobio, Yuu, Ryuunosuke, Tadashi and Koushi said.

"I can't, sorry I'm busy." Asahi, Hitoka, Kiyoko, Hisashi and Kazuhito said already making their way out while waving their hands bye. Chikara and Daichi sighed.

"We're coming along just to make sure you don't get in trouble."

"Thank you Sawamura-san, Ennoshita-san." Kei bowed his head as a sign of gratitude. They then made their way inside the school building. Kei pulled out the piece of paper and began reading it out loud.

"I am hiding in a small space in a big room filled with lots of tools used for Science." He read, already having a place in mind at the mention of 'science'.

"So he's in the science lab?" Koushi asked, already excited to see his kouhai.

"Yeah I guess." Kei said, starting to make his way towards the science lab.

"LET'S GOOO" the chaotic duo exclaimed, making a run for it.

— t i m e s k i p —

They arrived at the science lab, already searching for the male in all the places that he could possibly hide in. When they couldn't find him, they gathered at the center of the lab, frustration in their expressions.

"Damn is he playing a prank on you Tsukishima?" Yuu spoke up, biting his lip.

"I don't think Hina would do that Nishinoya-san." Tadashi chimed in, reassuring his best friend.

"Wait, didn't he say he was hiding in a 'small space?'" Chikara said, recalling what Kei read. They all nod, now thinking of where the tangerine could possibly be hiding.

"Wait..." Kei muttered, which made all of them to look at him. He slowly made his was to the corner of the room, openning cabinets one by one until he reached the last one. His heart suddenly started to beat really fast, as his hand reached the handle and slowly opened it. His eyes widened, a shiver ran down his spine and horror evident in his face.

"You found me, Kei."

The next day, the police released a report saying 8 students found a 16-year-old first year dead in a cabinet in the Science lab located on the second floor of the school. The cause of death was starvation and lack of oxygen. The culprit was the Science teacher who put him in there in the first place due to irritation and forgot to get him out. The Science teacher was immediately arrested, the trauma still staying with Kei and the others who saw Shoyo's state...

— e n d —