A Different Language

A/n: will change the title soon since it doesn't really match the story. This will have two or more parts and Shoyo doesn't go to Karasuno in this AU. Hope u enjoy!

Tall, blonde and handsome are the usual adjectives you'd use on Karasuno's middle blocker, Tsukishima Kei. But those aren't the only words that can describe him. He is more known as Tall, Blonde, Handsome and Deaf. That's right, our dear Blonde middle blocker is deaf, but he didn't let his deafness get in the way of is passion for volleyball.

Kei was walking through the halls, making his way to the gym with his bestfriend, Yamaguchi Tadashi, by his side. Tadashi learned sign language in order to communicate with him, which Kei was really thankful for even though he could read people's lips perfectly fine. They entered the club room, everyone sparing them a 'Good afternoon' or sending them a small sign of 'hello'. Tadashi greeted back as Kei nodded his head, walking towards his locker to prepare for their practice.

As the end of practice draws near, their sensei, Takeda Ittetsu, barged into a gym, panting. Everyone aside from Kei stopped what they were doing, turning their attention towards their tired looking club adviser. Hisashi tapped Kei's shoulder, enlightening him on what was going on by pointing towards the gym doors. Everyone gathered around the said teacher, who was now by their coach, Ukai Keishin.

"I-I have news!" The short teacher exclaimed, still trying to catch his breath. Tadashi stayed by Kei's side to interpret whatever the teacher had to say.

"Takeda-sensei, we understand that you have news but you didn't have to run to get here." Daichi spoke up, worried for their club adviser.

"I know Sawamura-kun, but I was just really excited to give you the news that I didn't realize I was already running here." Ittetsu managed to say without a stutter, which made most of them sigh.

"So what is it Take-chan?" Ryuunosuke asked, clearly interested in what the teacher had to say.

"Don't rush him Tanaka." Chikara scolded, arms folded.

"Well you see..." Ittetsu started, clearing his throught before continuing.

"Nekomata-sensei invited us to join their training camp in Tokyo!"

"SERIOUSLY!?" most of them shouted in unison while Kei just stood there, mouth agape, actually being glad that he was deaf because he knew that it was getting noisy in there due to everyone freaking out.

"Yes! Not only that, we get to play against other schools as well!" Ittetsu exclaimed excitedly. After their chaotic little meeting, everyone went home, obviously bubbling with excitement. As Kei reached home, he was greeted by his mom's warm smile, giving him a sign "welcome home". Kei nodded, giving her a kiss on the cheek as he made his way to his room. He collapsed on his bed thinking 'Next week's going to be exhausting'.

— t i m e s k i p —

They all arrived at the location of the training camp, Shinzen High, quickly greeted by a teen with an untameable bed hair, Kuroo Tetsurou.

"Hey Crows! How was your ride here?" He questioned, standing in front of their captain, Sawamura Daichi.

"It was long but we're ready to take you guys head on." Daichi answered with full confidence which made Tetsurou snicker. He then showed them to their room, waiting for them to finish getting ready so that they could go to the gym together. Once they arrived at the gym they were immediately greeted by a tall guy with white hair and yellow eyes.

"HEY HEY HEY." The guy greeted.

"You guys must be Karasuno!" He continued, beaming at them.

"Yes and you must be Bokuto-kun." Daichi said, giving him a small smile in return. After their little exchange and a few introdructions here and there, they started to train.