𝟎𝟑

MINA ARRIVED AT THE LIQUOR STORE shortly after it closed so she wouldn't keep Fez waiting, especially since he was granting her a favor. It was dim with just the neon signs illuminating them until they stepped to the back room, where the lights were on and he had already set up for sanitary tattooing.

"You nervous?" he asked.

"No," Mina answered honestly. "I'm more nervous about my parents finding out."

"Are you really that scared of them?"

He swiveled the cushioned chair so she could take a seat.

"I wouldn't say scared," she said as she settled in. "I just rather avoid any negative reactions from them because they make a big deal out of everything."

"Well where you want it?"

"Here." Mina pointed to her sternum.

"Oh." Fez felt something in his chest flutter.

"What? Is that painful?" she cluelessly asked.

"No it's just, uh, you're gonna have to take yo bra and top off."

Mina's lips parted. "Um–"

"I'm a get you a towel so you can cover yo'self but I can leave real quick so you can be comfortable."

Mina stood up from the chair and Fez messed with the levers, turning it from a seat to a cot so she could lie down. He then went to one of the cabinets and gave her a royal blue towel. They made nervous eye contact.

"Uh, it's okay. You can just turn around; I don't mind."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," she agreed. "You're tattooing me. I should be comfortable with you."

He shrugged knowing she made a point, and she raised an eyebrow at him as he went to stand in the corner of the tiny room.

Mina removed her hoodie, the air on her suddenly bare skin giving her goosebumps. By the time she took off her bra, Fez was still facing the wall but he couldn't shake the thought of her half-naked across the room.

She lied down on the cot and place the towel over her chest. "Okay I'm ready."

Fez exhaled and turned back around. He couldn't be attracted to Nate Jacobs' sister. He was going to do her the favor and never talk to her again.

He grabbed the disinfectant gel and slightly pulled her towel up over her sternum, exposing a little underboob. His touch was warm and she felt something in the pit of her stomach leap.

Fez gently spread the gel in the middle. "You want it there?"

"Want what?" she asked absentmindedly.

"The tat," he deadpanned.

"Oh yeah."

"And like this big?" He pinched his fingers together.

"Yeah that's fine."

"You got it." He wiped the disinfectant off and fiddled with the tattoo gun. "Don't worry it'll only last like, five minutes."

"Who's worried?"

Fez chuckled deeply. "Shit, well alright." The buzz of the gun started up, and he slowly lowered it onto her skin. The vibrating needle stung against it, but the pain was tolerable.

By the time Fez finished Mina was gritting her teeth.

"How'd that feel?" he asked as he taped the protective wrap to her chest.