𝟎𝟐

WHEN MINA ARRIVED HOME feeling defeated, Nate was just coming out the front door.

"Hey," they echoed to each other, but he stopped her before she went inside.

"You going to McKay's tonight?"

It didn't take her longer than a second to decide. Anywhere was better than being home. "Probably. Are you heading there already?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna pre-game with the guys. Make sure you have someone sober to drive you home."

"Uh, I probably won't drink tonight so I'll just take my car. But I'll text you when I leave and when I get home." She already knew he'd still be at the party long after she left.

Nate nodded and said bye before hopping into his truck.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

THE PARTY WAS IN FULL SWING by the time Mina showed up in a pair of baggy pants and blue tie dye crop top that took her way too long to choose

She'd found Kat but since it seemed like she was looking for someone to fuck, Mina just gave her space and went back outside, where Maddy Perez was drinking next to the pool.

The two of them got along and they'd consider each other friends, but Mina always felt like Maddy could do better. Sure Maddy wasn't the greatest person to exist, Mina was aware of some of the things she'd done while still with Nate, but she was just a person who made mistakes like everyone else.

The difference between the on-and-off couple was that Nate was a sexist piece of shit and Maddy was just another person in a toxic relationship that acted out because of how they were treated. Love makes people crazy sometimes.

So even though Maddy wasn't really the type of person Mina gravitated toward, they were friends even when she wasn't dating her twin.

"Hey Maddy."

The dark haired girl looked up from her phone and smiled. "Hey bitch! How've you been?"

"Same as always, you know."

"Look at your fit tho! How'd you sneak out of the house like this?" Maddy gestured to the cleavage she'd been showing for once, that she'd smothered with specks of glitter. It was a normal amount for anybody else but since Maddy knew just how crazy the Jacobs parents were, it was obvious to her she didn't just walk out of the house like that.

"I just put another shirt over it and took it off in the car."

"I love the glitter, ugh," Maddy gushed, and Mina could tell she was drunk. "You better catch a dick tonight. Speaking of dicks, your brother's a—"