𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔳 : 𝔥𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔠

"be careful what you wish for"

━━━━━━━━ ꧁ ♡ ꧂ ━━━━━━━━

"Tap... tap... tap...."

The tapping of raindrops onto the window pane continued as she raised and dropped her foot to the soft beat.

"Look honey, I know you married young and had a kid early- but I personally don't know if that workaholic would take the time to look at you in the face for more than three seconds."

"Mum, you're worrying again-"

"That's because I'm worrying about you-"

"My choice is something you don't need to worry about because it was mine to begin with. I wanted to marry him. Besides," The young woman gazed at her sleeping husband tucked away into the sofa, snoozing away from the hours of work and editing he had to endure.

"He's worth all the greatest pleasures of the world to me."

"... Fine. I'll take your word for it. But if he hurts you, be sure to call us and we'll be right there to beat his as-"

"-Noted! Oh, and give Garrett my regards please!"

"Alright- Garrett, your sister says 'hi'! What? What do you mean she's ugly-"

She laughed, shaking her head as she hung up the call.

Y/N went back to the bedroom, her mind praying she wouldn't have any dreams tonight- or if they were ever called dreams.

To nobody's surprise, she woke up in the middle of the night again as she felt the muscles in her parched throat pulse. The h/cette figured that she might as well check the door again if it was just a dream or not and she immediately tiptoed down the stairs.

And by sheer luck, she found it to be bricks.

The relief spread from her heart to the tip of her toes. Y/N sighed and headed towards the kitchen for a much needed glass of water.

After soothing her parched throat, the woman headed back upstairs and dipped back into the now cold sheets. Facing the spot where her husband would be, she closed her eyes and drifted into a dreamless sleep.

Eyes snapped open, looking at the ceiling through sleep-induced lenses. It was still the same cream colored ceiling, although the daytime sunshine made pretty rainbow reflections from the pearl-rimmed vanity-

Pearl rimmed?

The H/Cette sat up in bed. The room was still the same but it was different. It felt different.