𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞

be careful what you wish for

content warning: sensitive themes and graphic descriptions

━━━━━━━━ ꧁ ♡ ꧂ ━━━━━━━━

Her eyes open to the brightness of the sun blinding her eyeballs right out of their sockets and she blinks the film of sleep away, rubbing it off with her fingers that still contained scratch marks, burns, and bruises.

The daylight had never felt this stifling before.

"Y/N?" Her heartbeat stops for a second, and it continues- though it felt a little faster than before. Y/N had been told that a person's average heartbeat comes at sixty to a hundred beats in a minute. Hers went a little faster when she saw the person who called her name.

Everything went still.

Dark and slightly curly hair with a hint of snow, unblemished skin shining under the sun, and familiar irises of a beautiful shade of blue.

Crystal-clear blue eyes sparkled like a thousand sapphires.

"Aidan!"

She immediately stood up, wobbly legs aching from a long, uncomfortable nap. Aidan raised his brows, but nonetheless opened his arms to let his wife in. She buried herself in his warmth.

"What're you even doing on the ground?"

"I was running," she said simply, "and I kept tripping."

"You're clumsy," his blunt words chafed through her ears. She said nothing, relishing in her husband's warmth. After a while, he let go.

"You smell. I'll help you wash up," With those words, the man held her hand, guiding her up the stairs to their bathroom.

"Wh-?! What happened to the mirror?"

"Someone knocked it over, I think."

"First, I get snow in my hair and my clothes out of nowhere, and it's still September for God's sakes. Now someone knocked down a mirror plastered to the damn wall? Please tell me the world hasn't gone bonkers!"

━━━━━━━━ ꧁ ♡ ꧂ ━━━━━━━━

The night was still. Y/N smiled, a little tired and a little overwhelmed from everything that had happened so far- but happy nonetheless. The black key dangled on a string around her neck, hidden under the collar of her nightgown while the four rings were tucked safely under her pillow.

Aidan stood up from his place on the bedside covers. His crystalline eyes stared at her from underneath his thick lashes, glinting with concern.