𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔦𝔵: 𝔫𝔞𝔦𝔳𝔢

"be careful what you wish for"

content warning: panic attack

━━━━━━━━ ꧁ ♡ ꧂ ━━━━━━━━

The breeze lifted the soft curtains to and fro, the bed smelling of jasmine and hipsy and all smells enticing to the nostrils. But the wonderful scent did nothing to hide her unease.

"Come on, go to sleep. Y/N, go to sleep!" She mutters and forces herself to close her eyes. Soon, she falls into a dreamless sleep beneath the soft blankets.

It felt as if time had only lasted for a second, but once she woke up to find herself still in the bedroom in the other world, her anxiousness skyrocketed.

"Heup..." The young wife burst into tears. Her hiccups echoed throughout the room.

I ... can't stop shaking...

I- it's getting harder to breathe now...

She sat and curled up in a fetal position to stop her tears and aching chest, yet it did nothing.

"Breathe."

Y/N looked up to the gravelly voice of a man, alarmed. Yet she saw nobody but the black cat from before on the window sill.

"Breathe slowly, dear lady," she couldn't believe her eyes when the cat's whiskered lips moved to let out the sound. Nevertheless, she followed its instructions and puffed air. Deeply. Gently.

In. Out. In. Out. In. Out.

"Thank you. So, you can talk now? Then you must be the other world's kitty cat," her voice came out a little nasally from all the crying she'd done. The cat sniffed and opened its eyes balefully, revealing enchanting green scleras.

"Oh, you aren't one of them." The button eyed things she meant, "but how are you here? How can you even talk? Why are you here?"

"Ah, questions questions," the black cat mused and it raised its back to stretch itself, "you ask so many questions. A cat has ways in which you humans cannot. There are wormholes, he doesn't notice them. But I can go through them with ease. Besides, he never does like kitty cats like me running around."

Y/N paused at this new information,

"You mean- he doesn't like cats?" Aidan was the opposite, as Aidan loves cats and enjoys feeding them. This prompted her head to ring an alarm bell. Seeing her compliance to listen, the cat continued.

"Oh yes, he hates cats. Very much so. Considers us like vermin, in opposition to those tasty rats of his. Now, the other husband seems quite good to you isn't he? That's not all what he has to offer. You could be too ignorant not to see it."