𝖇𝖚𝖙𝖙𝖔𝖓

be careful what you wish for

━━━━━━━━ ꧁ ♡ ꧂ ━━━━━━━━

Her eyes open to the brightness of the sun blinding her eyeballs right out of their sockets and she blinks the film of sleep away, rubbing it off with her fingers that still contained scratch marks, burns, and bruises.

 The daylight had never felt this stifling before.

"Y/N?" Her heartbeat stops for a second, and it continues- though it felt a little faster than before. Y/N had been told that a person's average heartbeat comes at sixty to a hundred beats in a minute. Hers went a little faster when she saw the person who called her name.

Everything went still.

Dark and slightly curly hair, unblemished skin shining under the sun, and familiar irises of a beautiful shade of blue.

Crystal-clear blue eyes sparkled like a thousand sapphires.

He helps her up, a little exasperated but relieved to see her still.

"I've been looking for you earlier. Did you fall asleep while reading again?"

She did not feel the ache of running and running for hours. She did not feel the throbbing of her once sprained ankle. She did not feel blisters nor callouses, yet she could only feel sleep still pricking at her eyelids, prodding for another chance at turning back to nap on the still warm spot of the lion pawed armchair.

All of those painful feelings were gone.

No, it was like they've never existed at all.

"Yeah." She looks up at him and smiles.

"Did you dream of something again?"

"Yes," she replied, turning back to see an empty wall that had once held the other door. The other world. The mantlepiece was half filled with snowglobes, Felicia still hauling them out of the moving boxes.

"It was just a silly dream."

━━━━━━━━ ꧁ ♡ ꧂ ━━━━━━━━

"Mummy, this doesn't look good," Felicia whined, handing her one of the snow globes. In it, was a mini figure lying on the floor of the little scenery of a museum.

What disturbed Y/N was its wide smile and its eyes- rather, its lack of it thereof. 

"It might've been deformed. The concierge who gave me this for free said this was quite old already," Felicia stuck her tongue out at it, and with crossed brows, Y/N surrendered it to the recesses of the junk pile. The woman headed towards her husband's study next, where she found him to be at war with his work.

"What a nuisance," Aidan clicked his tongue, frustrated eyes glaring at the computer on his desk.

"Y/N, what if I just quit?"

"You? Quit? You must be mental," She scoffed in jest.

"I was being serious, alright?"

"You were?"

"Did you think I wasn't being serious?"

"No, but I'm serious though. That book has been practically your life's work!"

"Whatever," Her husband grumbles and she omits out a laugh, throwing her arms around him with a grin.

"I just want to finish this already."

"You're such a child."

"I just want to spend time with you. That's all."

Y/N cocked her head, a little confused with his unusually clingy behavior but didn't mind it, opting to laugh at his expense.

"Aw, thank you, Ae," He smiles and embraces her in a tender hug.

As she leans far into the place between his neck and collarbone he glances at the mirror on the wall by his desk, sunlight shimmering on their bodies like glitter. The sapphire blue of his irises seems almost transparent, and Aidan shakes his head, making his wife giggle and try to burrow herself in her husband's warmth. He looks at his reflection once more.

He smiles serenely, obsidian button eyes on his reflection glinting in the light.

━━━━━━━━ ꧁ ♡ ꧂ ━━━━━━━━

"ignorance is bliss"

you have reached the bad end!