Part 6

Arabella's Perspective:

I make a little mental list once Dr. E leaves:

-No ones hurt me so far.
-No ones inappropriately touched me so far.
-No ones been mean to me so far.
-No ones tried to intentionally scare me.
-Everyone here thinks i'm the chosen one like Harry Potter.
-Everyone thinks I'm Will's soulmate.
-I don't know who the hell this Erika is, that things didn't end well with.

Okay so the way I'm thinking about it is that: I just have to convince Will that I'm not his soulmate, or a wolf, and then these crazy people will let me go back home to my apartment.

After I come up with that mini plan, I take a deep breath, and I walk out from the washroom into Will's room: The room is ten times the size of the washroom. Even though I don't know Will, this is totally his room. This is exactly the type of room I'd think would be his. He has like a little diagonal wooden staircase that goes up to a deck within the room.

I take a closer look and find that the first three steps of that staircase are book shelves. I walk towards it, bend over to look at the books he has there and I see one that I've read a few years back called Find You In The Dark. I highly doubt he's read a book like that, filled with passion and dark teen romance.

I wonder, if this is just his room. How big is this house? Must be massive.

I'm looking at the other books in the book shelf  when I hear the door click open. I turn around and just stand there like an idiot.

Will comes in smiling, holding a tray with a bowl of some sort of rice and a glass of chocolate milk.

I'm too scared to say or do anything so I just stand there, paralyzed. Suddenly it dawns on me that I'm just standing here in underwear and I start feeling really self conscious. Also I remember if I wanna get out of here, I have to talk.

He walks over to his bed and places the tray there, then sits down beside it. He looks at me for a few seconds with tenderness, then opens his mouth to speak but I say something first "So, um I'm not mad or anything, and aaah thanks for um...saving me from those guys...I just think you've got the wrong girl dude.....I don't change into a wolf...and I'm definitely not your soulmate...I mean, I'm just a girl who lives in a one bedroom apartment, and works at a cafe full time."

I look around and theatrically gesture to his room "I think your soulmate is probably someone maybe like.....you know...more grand then me."

A serious expression comes over his face and with only certainty in his voice he says "You're mine Arabella. I don't have the wrong girl."

His tone scares me a little bit but me being the persistent wise ass I am, I say "Look here Will.....or Alpha....or whatever your name is....I don't know you. Sorry for wasting your time. I'm sure you have a soulmate out there but it's not me. I'm not her. Thanks for getting me a Doctor to stitch me up. But If you could maybe just guide me on how to leave this woods, and give me my wallet and back pack, if it's in your possession, I'd really appreciate that."

He tilts his head upward, and looks up at me with his furrowed eyebrows, he's angry now. His arms, hands and jaw flex. It makes me feel more scared then I'm letting on. He takes a deep breath through his nose and exhaled through his mouth, like he's trying to keep his composure and says "Emile, your co-worker, is he your boyfriend?"

What the fuck? How does he know Emile? What would he do to Emile if I told him he was my boyfriend? Would he hurt him? I decide it's better just to say no, and plus it is the truth too. At the end of the day Emile and me really are just friends who have kissed a few times. We never saw each other as a couple.

I look at Will with an honest expression "No Emile and me are just friends, we've kissed a few times, but that's all. Nothing too serious with us."

He starts rubbing his chin with his finger and thumb, and shaking his leg and makes his other hand into a fist. Then with venom laced in every word he says "Have you been with anyone before?" What the hell? Who is this guy to question me about anything? I answer back "What do you mean?" He says "Sexually?" I answer back in a confident tone "Yes." He gets up now and walks to his window and looks outside "Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

I look at his back as I answer him  "Yes after high school, we worked in the same convenience store together."

He stays the way he is "Any contact with him now?" I say "Like we'll wish each other happy birthday or say happy New Years, but that's about it." truthfully.

He turns to me suddenly and has a very serious expression on his face now "Arabella, look, I could lie but I'm going to be honest with you. I know you don't want to be here, but I can't let you go, you are my mate, and you are a wolf, you just haven't shifted yet."

I stand there and look at him like he's crazy. He scares me when he starts walking up to me slowly, when he's right infront of me, he lifts his right arm to do something. I breathlessly say "Please don't hurt me." He shakes his head and smiles looking into my eyes "I'll never hurt you." He puts his hand on my right arm and he says "Do you feel that?"

I do feel it. It feels like a touch of warm electricity. But I lie through my teeth "Feel what?" He goes down my arm now and grabs my hand gently. "You're lying Arabella, you do feel it." I lie again, "I don't know what you're talking about." He laughs lightly and says "You're a terrible liar."

Annoyed, I move away from him and walk towards his bed. He frowns at this. Once I sit down, and take a few breaths, I say "So you're really not gonna let me leave?" He shakes his head and says "That's correct." I say "This is abduction." He laughs again and says "This is, where you belong." I huff frustratedly then say "Will. I'm telling you, I'm not your mate. And I have a life, okay? I have a job, an apartment, parents, siblings. What am I supposed to do about that?"

He has an anxious expression on his face and he says "All of those things, are taken care of." I look at him in horror, imagining the worst case scenarios and I say "What did you do?" He came and sat on the other side of the tray of food. He turns his head to me and in a tone I couldn't get a read on he said: "You really want to know?"

I gulp preparing for the worst and say "Yes."