Part 9

Arabella's Perspective:

Well about two minutes later, I was walking with Ryker down a long tree tunnel canopy path. It was really beautiful, and in a normal situation I probably would have been stealing leaves off of the branches and pressing them into one of my novels.

Ryker saw my sad expression looking up to the branches."Ara, can I call you that?" I said "Sure. Call me whatever. I don't care about anything anymore. I'm forever doomed, I can never leave here."

Ryker laughed a charming laugh. I looked at him and smiled. I started thinking of something funny to say "Rye, can I call you that?" He snorted and said "No way, I'm not bread." I started laughing "So why are you on these grounds, can another Alpha even be on a different Alphas grounds?"

He took another picture. "Usually, no, unless you have some sort of business to deal with, but I kind of have a VIP pass to Alpha William's pack grounds."

I looked at him confused "Why is that?" He laughed an un-comfortable laugh now. "Man I hate talking about this since I feel like I sound pretentious or something."

Now I was curious. "Tell me?" He sighed: "Year's ago, a pack, that I was allied with wanted to take down Will's pack. I knew it was wrong, because they didn't care if they killed women and children, and I don't stand for that. So I went against my allies and saved Will's parents, siblings and him. Then six months later, the council awarded me the honour medal. So Will's parents: Christopher, and Nina. They said I was allowed on these grounds any time. I really like their huge garden, trees and flowers. That's why I come here."

I rose my eyebrow at him "And what's the council?" He laughed "Just a fancy word for The group of people who know all the werewolf laws, make new ones or change them. The council's laws apply to any pack. No matter how big or strong."

I nodded and asked "And what do they want with someone like me?" Ryker started laughing really hard now. His laugh made me laugh too.

Once we both calmed down. I hit him and said "What? Tell me, tell me." He said still giggling "Well you've probably already heard, but there's this Myth about a Blue Wolf that has all these magical powers or something. And plus your the most powerful packs Luna, so that's why they wanna meet you, access you, plus also, since William has worked really hard to make his Pack the strongest, theres lots of women who pretend to be his mate, just so they can be a The Luna of this Pack. So maybe they are checking if you're a faker."

I took a deep breath of relief. Finally someone who didn't think I was Harry P, "So then you don't believe it, do you?" Ryker shook his head "Nah, maybe when I was five, I did. It's like Santa Claus. But you are William's mate. That much is true."

I said "Please help me escape." Ryker shook his head now irritated and said "VIP pass or not, if I did that William would have my head. Plus he's a good guy when you get to know him."

I said "You know him?" He said "No no, but I've heard. I do know Nina and Chris though, and they are very kind people."

I made a frustrated expression. "Isn't there anyway I can escape?" Ryker looked at me seriously "Even if you did escape, it wouldn't do you any good, some one would come for you anyways, Packs all over the world are hunting for The Blue Wolf, wether to try to kill you or to try to make you their Luna. It's better for you to just stay here. And like I said before William is Nina and Christopher's son, he's a good guy."

Ryker and me walked for another five minutes silently, then we came near a bench. Ryker sat down. He patted the spot beside him. I sat down. He pulled out a bottle of whiskey from his bag, twisted the cap open and took a sip. I said "So you're a day drinking, photographer, Alpha?" Ryker shrugged his shoulders "Pretty much Ara. Usually your pack only has lots of enemies if you want power. If I had a brother I'd just give my Alpha position to him. But I don't. So I'm burdened with it."

He offered me the bottle, usually I would have denied it, but considering my cluster fuck situation I took a few chugs. Once I was on my fourth chug. Ryker said "Whoa slow down tiger." and stole the bottle from me. I laughed feeling a light buzz now. He looked at me and took a chug again and laughed too.

Suddenly I remembered my entire situation and a tear went down my eye. Ryker noticed this and said "Hey I get it. But maybe things will start making sense to you soon." A few more tears went down my eyes before I got my shit together and wiped my face with my hands.

I shuddered from the cold. I moved a little closer to Ryker and Ryker asked "Are you cold?" I said "Yes." He put his arm around me in a friendly way. He said "Are you sure you're okay with this?" I said "Yeah are you Rye?" He laughed out loud and said "With this? Yeah. With that bread nick name? No."

I moved out of his arm and took the bottle from him. I was taking another sip when I saw a very angry Willam storming towards me and Ryker from the same way me and Ryker had walked to get to this bench.

As I panicked and said "He's going to kill me."
Ryker stayed utterly relaxed, stood up and said "You stay sitting." I listened to his instruction.

Once Willam was in front of us he said "Alpha Ryker. What the hell are you doing with my mate?"

Ryker responded nonchalantly "I was just taking an afternoon stroll in your beautiful garden, and taking pictures. When I saw your packs Luna stuck in a big bush. So I helped her out, and we were walking back to your home, when she became tired, so I suggested we sit down."

William looked at Ryker and me like he was gonna rip our heads off. His hands were made into tight fists as he said "And then you guys were fucking getting drunk together?"

Ryker looked at Willam with no fear and laughed "Yes."

William walked towards me and grabbed the arm that was already hurting from my fall, harshly, I yelped out "Ryker don't let him take me!" Ryker gave me a sympathetic look "This is out of my hands Ara. It's not my place." William ignored me and Ryker's exchange and started dragging me back to his house.

I was thrashing my entire body: trying to get away from Will. I screamed and yelled "Help me. Someone help me! This guy's trying to kill me!"

All the sudden Will stopped walking. He placed his hand over my mouth harshly. His other hand he placed on the back of my head. I couldn't move. He said "Arabella, if you yell, no one is gonna come, if you run, I'll catch you, plus you'd just get lost in the woods, if you kick or hit me, it'll do nothing. So just stop. "

I nodded slowly. With rage in his words, and his expression angry he said "You got it?" I nodded again.

The second he took his hands off of me, I started sprinting towards the woods, I didn't care to look back, I just kept running as long as I could, without needing to catch my breath, then when my lungs desperately needed to fill with lots of oxygen. I stood behind a bush and stayed standing there trying to catch my breath.

Once I wasn't out of breath anymore. I started running deeper and deeper into the woods. I couldn't hear anyone following behind me. But I kept running. I tripped a few times, and that led to my arms and legs getting scratched badly. I felt like maybe I'd see some sort of entrance out of here if I kept running. When my body finally had enough and was aching all over. I stopped behind a big tree and stood with my back against it.

For a few minutes: I thought maybe I was safe. Until I started hearing a couple voices. One of them was coming from a girl, the other three were Will's. the guy he was talking to on his phone, I think Michael was his name, and one more I didn't recognize.