Chapter 42

Trigger Warning:

Blood

Please read on your own discretion

Chapter 42

Eddy slowly slipped off of the bed, he wanted to comfort his alpha but he didn't know how. He knew this was probably a reality check for Brett. Every day he was on the job it was an open invitation for death. He pet his stomach slightly. Every day he was out, it wasn't just him at risk. Now he had an unborn pup to worry about. On the brightside, Brett didn't know about that aspect. If he did have that information and combined it with the information of today, Eddy would probably have to step down from his position. Which he wouldn't let happen! He was mostly just doing paper anyways, and organizing things. Sometimes he would go on missions, if his elite really required it, but only top level threats would require him. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing. The omega ran a hand through his hair with a sigh, he'd have to talk to Brett. Today was a pretty shit day, anyways. A conversation wouldn't hurt.

He shuffled out of the bedroom to watch Brett handle the baby dragon, that made him feel happy.

Then the dragon was fed, Brett slowly got up and set the used bottle to the other one. He knew that Eddy was there, probably wanting to talk.

The alpha sighed and turned to his mate, looking him square in the eye.

"Yes?"

Eddy walked over to Brett now that it wouldn't disturb him, he gently wrapped his arms around the alpha's waist. He leaned in to press a quick kiss to Brett, "I like watching how you take care of our little pup. You're very nurturing."

He decided to say first with a wry smile. The omega didn't want to ruin anything just yet.

"I can handle broken things. That's not nurturing, that's more like being a repairman. I know you want to talk about it, but I don't. Drop it."

Brett was so not ready for this conversation, no less in front of the still scared pup. The alpha just needed more time. His deadpan was still in place and he avoided Eddy's eyes after the first initial contact. The pup was much more interesting anyway.

"I will call the family vet, if you have no objections. She looked at Pudding after I found him too, and no, she was not the vet who diagnosed him wrongly of him being castrated."

Eddy sighed, well Brett was grumpy, "Yeah call the vet, I'm going to go shower."

He slipped away from the alpha feeling a bit scorned for a comment he hoped would help the talk go smoother. Apparently not. He'd just have some alone time to think things over. He turned on his heel, if he didn't want a discussion then he wouldn't get a word.

Brett fumbled with his phone and called his vet. She promised to come as quickly as she could after Brett sent her the picture Eddy sent him. Meanwhile he went back to the box, keeping a meter and a bit more distance between them and laid on his back, directly in the vision of the small dragon. That helped Pudding too, seeing him, noticing him, just doing stuff but neither try to touch the dragon nor interact with him. Just being side-by-side.

Because his mate apparently was feeling prickly after he brushed him off. He didn't want no contact, he didn't want just this one topic now. Brett gritted his teeth. This was unbelievable. Just because he said no to one thing?!