one

------ one ------

------ one ------

"Most of us came in pairs. There was Toni and Martha, best friends from Minnesota. There was Rachel from New York and her sister, Nora. There was Leah and Fatin, they were from the same school, though I doubt they had ever spoken before everything went down. Then, there was us, the Texans, Shelby, Dot and I. Jeanette was the only one that came alone."

------ one ------

Dot and Grace weren't the first to enter the plane, that was reserved for Shelby Goodkind. She and Grace were best friends up to freshman year of High School. The two of them grew apart afterwards. They'd still hang out on occasion, though only in groups, since they shared a few friends and Dave, Gracie's ex, was really close with Shelby's boyfriend, Andrew.

Next to Shelby, there were four other girls already there, one was reading a book - "The Nature of Men" the blonde later learned - another putting on some make-up and two others who looked like they'd rather be anywhere else.

Dot sat down next to Shelby, while Grace went to the back of the plane, where the reading girl was. For a short moment, the cheerleader considered asking her about the book, but was quick to shoot the idea down, since the girl didn't look like she was very keen on small talk. So instead Grace went back to take in her surroundings.

Two other girls entered the plane together, shortly after. One looked very sweet, while the air surrounding her friend was much different. She was really pretty and from the shirt she was wearing, Gracie could tell the girl, Toni, was into basketball.

The last person to enter the plane was Jeanette, a perky Asian girl, who filmed her every step, commenting on how excited she was. Shelby was the only one sharing the same feeling as her. She even hugged the other girl to greet her, what had slightly taken Jeanette aback. The two of them were fast to make each other compliments. Although, Jeanette only complimented Shelby on her "blank forehead", which admittedly was kinda fun to watch.

As the plane started to get into the air, a welcome video was played. It was ridiculous, really. It showed Gretchen Klein she said something about hundreds of girls being on their way to the retreat in Kona, Hawaii. She finished by saying "'The Dawn of Eve' literally waits for no man." Not weird at all.

Then silence came over them. It was a nice silence, but of course it had to be broken by Shelby, who was going full on group councillor on them. "In interest of bringing us all together, I'd like to propose a little icebreaker," she expressed her thoughts with a big smile.

Promptly Jeanette jumped up suggesting 'Never Have I Ever', just to be shut down by Shelby. To her the game apparently "was a little much". Still, Jeanette went on and introduced the game to everybody like it was the cure to cancer. Only for it to be shut down by Shelby once more. 

"So how about we just pair off, powwow with your partner for a sec, and then afterwards, you can introduce her to the rest of us," she more or less suggested. It was one of those moments, Grace just wished to sleep through, so she could avoid them. Before she knew she was dragged to the other side of the plane, where Shelby made her form a group of three with Rachel and Toni, the girl in the basketball shirt.