eleven

------ eleven ------

"We used Fatin's suitcase to transport the water to camp, so we wouldn't have to go fetch some that often. Good thing, her parents felt guilty about shipping her off to "The Dawn of Eve" against her will. Their guilt made survival a lot easier."

"So you went back to the lagoon after returning to camp?" inquired Dr. Faber. They had given her a night to think, to reorganise all her memories, putting them in a right order. Grace had told them about most of the day already at this point, leaving out some details, she didn't want them to know off. They didn't need to know everything.

"Yeah, Dot, Shelby and I did. The rest stayed behind. We didn't all need to go anyway and we were all pretty exhausted; Rachel was merely seconds away from literally being swallowed up by the earth, Martha was still recovering from her injury, Toni didn't want to go as soon as Shelby volunteered to, and Fatin - well - we didn't want to lose Fatin again. All in all, it was quite the eventful day."

Everything in the room was the same as the day before. The walls were painted in the same shade brown, the small amount of sunlight entering the room didn't make it seem any less cold than the day before. Then there was the loud ticking of the clock that interrupted her thoughts every now and then, just like it did the day prior. It was too loud, even a bit unnerving.

But what was most prominent, was that men in front of her acted just the same, from their clothes to their voice to their aura, nothing had changed. She thought the same wave of excitement would overcome her as yesterday, but there was nothing new to be excited about like she hoped. It was a monotonous day.

"Of course, we boiled the water, before actually drinking it, to kill off the germs," Grace said.

"That was a smart thing to do," Agent Young commented, reassuring the blonde.

"I know, Dot was the one who told us to do so. She's really smart. I'm not sure if we would have made it without her and I'm not just talking about the water thing because if she hadn't told us, Nora would have. But Dot always knows what to do and is a pretty great leader."

------ eleven ------

"Do you really think there is something out there?" Grace asked the brunette wearily. Dorothy's words haunted her 'I'm not so concerned about going hungry. I'm more concerned about something hungry finding us.' "Maybe Toni just thought, she heard something last night? Maybe, she imagined the howling and the screeching?" Her voice was almost shaky at that point, the girl's fear could not be overheard.

But Dot knew that her answer wouldn't satisfy the cheerleader. Most of the time, honesty isn't what people want to hear, but what needs to be heard instead. Dot's world had always been brutally honest. It allowed her to see the world in a clearer light, which she had gotten used to by now. Yet, Grace was far away from that, honesty wasn't her cup of tea.