thirteen

------ thirteen ------

Martha and Marcus were hitting it off. Grace had to chuckle at the sight of them snuggling, whilst sleeping peacefully. They were definitely going to be endgame, already acting like an old married couple.

Toni had been sitting next to her for some time, holding her hand under the sand. They didn't talk, instead just sitting together in a comfortable silence, occasionally smiling at one another. Sometimes Grace would get lost in the girl's deep brown eyes. They were the window to the soul after all and the brunette's eyes were beautiful.

When Grace didn't look at them, she'd take in her surroundings. There was Leah who sat on one of the many dunes, scribbling something down in the journal Nora had given her earlier that morning to help her sort her thoughts. However, the girl appeared to be rather displeased. Whatever she was writing down, she did in an aggressive manner.

Other than that there was not much happening. The day was seemingly to be very dull. Most of the girls were sleeping or just sitting around like Grace herself. Only Shelby and Rachel weren't with the group. While the latter had left camp an hour ago to go to the lagoon, the former had been missing for a few minutes and was likely to return soon.

She had done so the last couple of days, wandered off to where no one could see her. Dot and Grace were the only ones to know why. The brunette had learned about the girl's dentals not too long ago and quite frankly didn't really care. Due to her perceptive nature the Texan knew a lot about everybody, yet she would never use it against anyone.

Grace on the other hand had known about the dentals for several years at that point. Shelby had trusted her enough to tell her about them. They were the only visible imperfection about the blonde girl who was just as keen on holding up her mask as Grace. Next to the cheerleader, she hadn't told anybody, even Andrew remained clueless.

To the girl it too was especially important that the rest of their little group wouldn't find out anytime soon which was exactly why she would always sneak out, before taking out her dentals to clean them with the cool sea water.

------ thirteen ------

"Hey, party people!" Rachel, who must have returned from her short trip shouted from a hill. "Who's ready to fucking feast?" Thus, she held up a bag filled with oysters up to the sky. Her action was followed by screams of excitement. The girls were cheering at her as the athlete made her little dance of victory.

"Come to mama," Dot spoke to the mussels as they roasted them over the small fire.

"Fucking proteins," Toni commented, taking an oyster like the rest.

"Hell yeah," Dot continued. "You know, I can already feel my health meter coming back up to 100."

"You true fucking geek. Please tell me that wasn't a gaming reference," Fatin joked.