ten

------ ten -----

------ ten -----

"Last night after we were roaming around, I did hear some kind of fucked up animal shit..." Toni stated, making Leah's many worries now seem valid. Was there actually something out to get them. "howling and screeching," the brunette clarified, noticing all the questioning looks directed right at her.

"How come I didn't hear anything?" Grace asked a bit confused. The girl's night had been nothing but long and peaceful. She didn't any strange noises, nothing disturbing of any kind.

At that Toni looked at her funny, as if she had just asked her the dumbest question there was. "Because you sleep like a drunken sailor," she chuckled, her mind going back to the night before, the blonde's snores that were more calming than anything else. They reminded her that she wasn't alone, that there was someone with her, right next to her.

"I do not," exclaimed rather flustered. Not believing what the brunette. Yet, her response was only met with laughter, coming from all directions. The girls exchanged knowing looks, all being aware of the blonde's loud snores. "Whatever," she huffed annoyedly.

"Guys, focus!" Leah reminded, her voice ringing loudly, about to crack any second now. Grace learned that Leah and Fatin knew each other before the crash, on the first day of the nightmare, but she hadn't realised until now how much Leah actually cared about the brunette. She cared about her more than for merely an acquaintance.

Dot cleared her throat before looking at Toni, doing just what the brunette had just told them, stay focused. "Did it sound like it came from something, like this size," she held up her hands, placing them mere inches away from each other, "or this size." The second time, she slowly widened the distance in-between.

"That one," Toni replied, worry washing over Dot's face.

"Fuck."

A quiet crack followed. Most likely, a twig snapped. What left the group in fear was, who or more so what had been the one to cause it to snap in the first place. It could be the wild animal, Toni had heard howling the night before, a predator willing to take them out one by one.

"Fatin?" Shelby asked quietly, hoping for the best. No one answered though, only increasing their fear. They went closer together, expecting the worst to happen any moment now, jumping even closer when an animal found its way out of the bushes. Their screams rang through the forest. Grace was sure that Fatin, wherever she was at during that moment, must have heard them loud and clear.

Yet, their bloodthirsty predator was just a little ferret, minding its own business. Their Fear was replaced by a wave of relief. They laughed at their paranoia.

"All right, you need to calm down," Rachel pointed at Leah. "And you all need to calm down. You all do," she continued, motioning to the rest of the group. She seemed more tense than the rest, she didn't want to waste any more energy.