Chapter 36

Lu Xun did not hold Qian Wei for very long, but for Qian Wei it seemed like time had frozen at that moment, as if a century had passed. She didn’t know why but being so close to Lu Xun and feeling his breath on her cheek made Qian Wei feel a little unable to breathe.

Fortunately, even as her face was becoming redder and redder and she was beginning to feel like she was about to suffocate, Lu Xun suddenly let go of her. His eyes seemed a little fierce and when he spoke his tone was sharp: “Are you stupid? Don’t you know how to duck when you see a ball coming at you?”

“I… I…”

Qian Wei stammered and wanted to explain when Lu Xun interrupted her.

“Forget it, it’s not my problem.” He glared at Qian Wei warningly and said, “Stay out of the way.”

Then he picked up the basketball and walked off towards Zhao Peng. At first, Qian Wei had thought that Lu Xun’s tone with her just now had been fierce but compared to how he was talking to Zhao Peng now, it could only be called gentle.

Because right now, Lu Xun looked very angry and his handsome face was locked in a stern mask that radiated a majestic aura that was akin to that of an ancient emperor.

“You couldn’t win the game so you can only rely on a sneak attack from behind?” Although there was a great deal of anger on his face, Lu Xun’s voice was scarily calm. “As a man, is that all you can do? Not only do you target a girl, you even use a sneak attack against her. Meanwhile, you don’t dare to attack the men.”

In Qian Wei’s memories, the 28-year-old Lu Xun had always been a powerful force in court who never lost the upper-hand but now she saw that even the 19-year-old Lu Xun had a vague sort of irrefutable dignity that overflowed from deep in his eyes.

Speaking from a completely scientific and objective point of view, Qian Wei had to admit that Lu Xun struck a really handsome figure at this moment.

But while Qian Wei was busy being lost in her daydreams, Lu Xun was pointing at her and confronting Zhao Peng.

“Don’t think that you can come here and bully the girls of our school. Especially not her.”

Most college guys had a strong sense of collective honor and the men from University A were no exception. They absolutely could not tolerate seeing their fellow students being bullied by outsiders and, with Lu Xun taking the lead, the rest of the basketball team members all began to speak up.

“Yeah, you absolutely can’t come here bully our girls!”

Qian Chuan walked over while flexing: “Bullying Qian Wei, are you asking for a punch?”

For a brief moment, an unprecedented united front who had gathered to protect Qian Wei appeared, it was the first time in her life that she had enjoyed this sort of star-studded VIP treatment.

Zhao Peng and his friends were all slightly intimidated by the sudden aggressive momentum from the basketball team. Some of them looked nervous and uncomfortable but after a moment their instinct to save face took over and they all held their ground. Looking at the situation from the outside, it seemed as if they were provoking the men from University A. 

Qian Wei pulled on Lu Xun’s sleeve: “Forget it, it’s not worth it.” Although Lu Xun looked very gentle and refined, Qian Wei knew that right now this guy was probably way angrier than anyone from Zhao Peng’s gang. But now that the two sides were squaring off with each other Qian Wei didn’t want the situation to get any bigger because of her.

Mo Zixin was also obviously a person who understood the principle of putting the overall situation first so she looked at Lu Xun and advised, “Lu Xun, don’t stoop to their level.” Then she wisely found a place for Lu Xun to step down to. “You have an appointment with Mr. Zhang to discuss your paper later, you shouldn’t be late.”