Chapter 37

That weekend when evening came, Qian Wei didn’t follow her usual routine of reading a novel in bed, instead, she got up and got ready to go out.

Liu Shiyun was busy playing mahjong online when she noticed Qian Wei getting ready, she glanced over and said: “Bring me some dinner back too!”

“I’m not eating on campus today.” Qian Wei explained, “I’m going out to see a movie.”

Liu Shiyun looked up her computer and gossiped: “Wait, are you going on a date?” She glanced at Qian Wei and frowned. “But why are you dressed up in that big black coat? It’s so ugly! Don’t mention what a man might think, even I want to break up with you when I see it! Change quickly! Do you need me to give you some advice?”

“No! This one is perfect!” Qian Wei glanced at her watch and quickly slung her bag over her shoulder before heading out.

She had made an appointment with  Lu Xun to meet at 4:00 p.m. in front of Daguang Theater, which was a theater one bus stop away from University A. Although Qian Wei acted like she was in a hurry in front of Liu Shiyun, she actually had plenty of time to spare and she ended up arriving in front of the theater at 3:45 p.m.

But even though she arrived a quarter of an hour early, when she arrived she saw Lu Xun there, already waiting at the door.

Back when she had worked with Lu Xun, if he had an appointment with a client at 8:00 a.m., he would arrive at exactly 8:00 a.m., not a minute earlier or later. She had asked him once and, according to him, his consultation fee of 5000 yuan an hour meant that his time was worth 83.33 yuan per minute.

Many people know the words ‘time is money’ but Lu Xun was a man who indeed treated his time as his money. But apparently, for Mo Zixin, he was willing to arrive early. Not only did he arrive early, he was actually even willing to wait for another person! Qian Wei just had to sigh, this was really the power of love, ah~!

“Have you been waiting for a long time?”

Lu Xun looked somewhat embarrassed after being exposed, but quickly regained his composure: “No, I just arrived.”

Tch, who are you kidding? Qian Wei thought. I could see you even from a block away. How did you even grow your face to be able to attract so many bees and butterflies like that? Is it fun to stand out from the crowd wherever you go?

Qian Wei had sharp eyes and she instantly saw that Lu Xun was holding something in his hand. It was a bag of snacks and, looking at that bag of snacks, Qian Wei immediately felt some relief. It really wasn’t an easy road but it seemed that Lu Xun, who had a negative EQ, finally learned that he should prepare some things in advance when going on a date with a girl.

And this time Lu Xun had obviously been very considerate, he not only prepared some food, but he also brought along some drinks. Qian Wei took one look at a bag in his hand and everything was clear. The bag was from Molly Milk Tea which, because they used real milk instead of powdered milk, was a tea shop with a reputation for the pure and fresh taste of their drinks. Qian Wei remembered that for a long time this milk tea shop had been dominant within the university town and, around this period, it had been very popular, to the point that Qian Wei remembered seeing long lines inside the shop every time she passed by. Every time she herself had wanted to buy a cup of milk tea back then she had to wait for at least half an hour. Lu Xun said that he had just arrived, but the milk tea in his hand had already exposed his lie, considering the popularity of Molly Milk Tea, he must have been waiting for at least half an hour.

Ah~, love was really wonderful. It could unexpectedly even make the stingy Lu Xun become so warm and considerate!

It was a pity that, before Qian Wei had even had time to internally sing praises for the greatness of love, she noticed something was off. When she looked closely she saw that… God damnit! Sure enough, Lu Xun is still an evil capitalist*! He had only bought two cups of the difficult to buy milk tea. One cup was already in his hand, and there was only one more left inside the bag!