Chapter 40

While she was eating, Qian Wei thought aloud: “There are two things that can show off a man’s attractiveness: The first can be called ‘hard power’ and the second can be called ‘soft power’. Hard power is all the external things, for instance, the appearance of his body, while soft power are more nebulous things like personality. So let’s show your hard power in front of Mo Zixin first. You can’t waste it when you have such an excellent figure! Why don’t you ask Mo Zi Xin to go swimming with you? No, forget that. Mo Zixin can’t swim. Instead, why don’t you ask her out to sing KTV together? You have a nice voice. ” Qian Wei patted her thigh. “Just imagine it, under the ambiguous and dim lighting of a KTV box, ah~, the music starts playing and then your magnetic voice serenades Mo Zixin with Eason Chan’s ‘Ten Years’*. You won’t even have to say anything, just look at her affectionately once in a while.”

Lu Xun’s face was expressionless as he said: “I am tone deaf.”

“…”

If this trick wouldn’t work, then they could just change it to a different one! Qian Wei quickly came up with something new: “It is said that when a man plays sports that is the time when his hormones will be riding highest. So why don’t you invite her to play badminton? That game will let you show off your elegant demeanor and superb skills!”

“I’m terrible at badminton.”

That can’t be right, Qian Wei thought. Didn’t Lu Xun obviously used to show off his invincible badminton skills after work in her previous life? Back then no one in the whole City A Law Association could beat him, so how could he be bad at badminton in college? Was it possible that Lu Xun was only always putting up a front and acting like a genius back in those days? But actually he only had such exquisite badminton skills back then because he was secretly practicing hard every day?

Forget it, if badminton wasn’t good, anything else would work too. Qian Wei made another suggestion: “What about tennis?”

“I can’t play tennis.”

Qian Wei was feeling amazed. It turned out that Lu Xun even had to secretly practice his tennis in her previous life, and he had even done it to the point where his skills were almost on the professional level.

Qian Wei almost racked her brains dry as she came up with one trick after another but Lu Xun basically couldn’t do any of them. She really didn’t expect to learn that Lu Xun, who had always seemed omnipotent back in the day, was just a rookie who couldn’t do anything while he was still at school. This discovery was really awesome!

In the end, Qian Wei couldn’t think of any good way even after finishing dinner with Lu Xun. However, while she was heading back to her dorm, probably because her heart only thought for the emperor nowadays, she randomly looked up and finally saw hope.

There was a poster advertising a campus dance competition.

This was it! During her last life, around this same time, the school had organized its first annual dance competition for the students, supposedly in the name of ensuring that the contemporary student body had well-rounded skills and a sufficient degree of artistic literacy. Then, in order to ensure the competition had a sufficient number of participants, each school had been required to send at least three groups of contestants.

And in her last life, this dance competition had been won handily by Lu Xun and Mo Zixin when they danced a tango!

Qian Wei remembered it so clearly because the prize was that whichever school won the competition would receive more funding from the university for certain academic activities. Back then Teacher Ji, the counselor for the Law School,  had been very enthusiastic about winning the competition because of the lure of more funding. It could be said that he had encouraged everyone he could find to participate in the competition. Even Qian Wei, who usually had no enthusiasm to participate in these kinds of school activities, had ended up being mobilized by Teacher Ji. And Mo Zixin, as the flower of the Law School, naturally participated as well. Mo Zixin had grown up surrounded by things like piano, chess, calligraphy and painting ever since she was a small child and, on top of all that, she had also practiced many dance skills. And among them all, her skills with the tango were the best.