Chapter 14

Qian Chuan seemed to be speaking very sweetly. Qian Wei didn’t hear exactly what he said but he managed to coax Mo Zixin to laughter again. But on the other side, Lu Xun did not listen to Qian Wei’s advice at all. Instead, he slowly continued to eat his meal elegantly with an indifferent expression.

Qian Wei really hated that this Lu Xun was completely failing to meet her expectations. She decided she needed to make a big move on Lu Xun’s behalf: “Hey, Lu Xun, Mo Zixin, I remember that I still have something I need to do with Qian Chuan. Now we’re done eating, we should go first.” With that, she winked at Qian Chuan.

However, Qian Chuan completely ignored her: “If you have something to do, you can go first. I have nothing to do.”

“I’m feeling lovesick. Didn’t you say you would stay with me?” Qian Wei opened her eyes wide. “If I end up jumping into a river or cutting my wrists, how will you explain it to our parents? Do you even have a conscience?”

Qian Chuan rolled his eyes and said, “Just look at the amount of food you ate just now, you don’t look like a depressed person who can’t get over her love at all. How many meatballs did you just eat? Twelve! As soon as you saw those meatballs your eyes lit up crazily, is that the behavior of a person about to kill themself? ” He turned to Mo Zixin and Lu Xun, “Qian Wei, this person, you can rest assured she will not die. As long as she is still breathing she will struggle to get up and eat. Especially pork, as long as pigs are not extinct, she will not die.”

“I was overeating from the agony of lovesickness!”

“Then at least if you kill yourself, it will mean more money for me. Until now we would have had to split the family properties between us, but now it will all belong to me.” Qian Chuan waved, “Qian Wei, you go ahead, I still have to stay and pay the bill.”

His words made Mo Zixin laugh again: “You two have a good relationship.”

Qian Wei was roaring in her heart: Which eye of yours sees that we have a good relationship?

Qian Chuan smiled at Qian Wei: “Aren’t you leaving? Then hurry up and go. Don’t delay your business.”

Qian Wei’s goal was to take Qian Chuan away from Mo Zixin but sadly once a person started riding the tiger it was hard to get off, it wasn’t like she could suddenly say she didn’t need to leave anymore. She glanced around at the food still on the table, gritted her teeth, and said, “Then I’ll go first!”

“I’ll go, too.” Just as Qian Wei stood up, Lu Xun’s clear voice sounded, “You two can eat slowly.”

Qian Chuan almost smiled from ear to ear: “Lu Xun, you must be careful on the way. I’ll treat you to dinner another day. Us two can have a good chat then. From now on you are my brother. Please take care of Qian Wei and send her back to school! I can rest assured since you are with her!”

Qian Wei looked at Qian Chuan, who seemed a little desperate to please, and thought that this lackey gene of theirs really must run in the family.

Sure enough, Lu Xun looked at Qian Chuan with interest, and then over at Qian Wei. He didn’t say a word, but his eyes spoke volumes.

Qian Wei wanted to save the situation. How could she just let Qian Chuan and Mo Zixin get along alone! That was absolutely impossible!

“Lu Xun, I’ll be fine. I can walk back to school alone. You should stay and have dinner with them.”

Lu Xun glanced at Qian Wei and said lazily, “But I’m not going to send you back to school. I have something to do somewhere else.”

“…” Qian Wei’s heart was roaring loudly: Lu Xun, even if you don’t like me, will you die if you at least pretend to be a gentleman in front of Mo Zixin? Do you have to have such an obvious ‘You’re thinking too much’ look on your face?