Chapter Seven: Nightmare That Is Reality

Everything had been going smoothly. Haida went to school, had class with the twins and Haruhi, and spent his afternoon in the host club. He even enjoyed his time with some of the guests that visited him.

"You always look so tired, Haida-kun." Honi commented. "Do you not sleep at night?"

Haida yawned and shrugged his shoulders. "I try to." He responded, he wanted to sleep at night like normal people, but his inner clock was one of a nocturnal creature. It was a struggle to stay awake during the day and a even bigger struggle to sleep at night. He always felt tired and restless due to his messed up schedule.

"You should take a nap! I have a nap everyday or I get really grumpy!" Honi exclaimed happily.

"If I take a nap I won't want to wake up till it's dark." Haida argued, he knew his body. He knew he'd only want to continue to sleep if he got any shut eye. He'd just be more irritable then if he hadn't taken a nap. "Plus I'll definitely not be able to go to bed tonight if I had a nap."

"How do you know? It might make you feel better." Haruhi suggested. "It's worth a try."

Haida groaned at their persistence. It wasn't the first time he'd tried napping during the day but he also wasn't inclined to argue about staying awake when he was tired. "Fine but I warned you." He huffed he curled up on one of the many sofas; choosing one furthest away.

He was out almost as quickly as he closed his eyes. The club tried to be quiet and let him sleep. But after thirty minutes of uninterrupted sleep Haida began tossing and turning in distress. A nightmare. A nightmarish flashback to the past weighed heavy on his subconscious.

"What an awful smell." Akito grumbled while covering his nose. Haida could only stare at his discarded beads laying aside on the ground; taken from him and revealing his true form. "Worse then the cats stench. Like rotten garbage lit on fire." Akito added with laughter.

The  disfigured creature growled in sorrow dropping it's massive and yet horrendously grotesque head in shame. Haida kept his mouth firmly shut in order to hide his mouth of rows upon rows of wickedly gnarly sharp teeth.

Haida's bracelet was torn from his wrist and he evolved into a ghastly monster in front of his parents and Akito. A giant beast. Some resemblance to an animal of some sort.. but mutated and wrong. It's mangled body hunched over onto four limbs.. it's movements disjointed and unnatural. A foul smell hung in the air around him.. his mother gagged on her own vomit at the smell and turned away in horror.

"You're a monster. A disgusting repulsive monster." Akito sneered watching the beast tremble. "The raccoon's true form.. Unworthy of the zodiac or life and yet here you are. Your pitiful existence is worthless and inhuman."

Haida wanted to run. To flee. The toxic despair hurt his soul. "Stop talking!" He screamed, voice distorted and unrecognizable. His monstrous claws dug into the ground sinking into the dirt and creating ghastly craters underneath his ginormous paws.

"That's no way to talk to your god." Akito frowned. "I'm the only person who accepts you as you are. Not only as a disgraceful little girl but also a horrific monster. No one else would ever tolerate your existence; be grateful. It's your own fault that you're like this."

That was his first interaction with Akito; the head of the family and god of the zodiac. Haida was six years old. He's had many interactions with Akito since. Shortly after meeting Akito for the first time though his life only got darker and darker.

Haida woke up being shook back to consciousness by Tamaki and Haruhi. They looked worried and so did Honi and the twins. "You screamed in your sleep." Haruhi supplied.

Haida sat up abruptly and took a deep breath. His heart was still beating out of his chest and panic crept up his throat like vile. His mom, Akito, his true form.. it all haunted him. He wished he could have his memories erased like his mother or feel numb like his father.. he suffered most for his existence. "I'm fine."

"Your cheeks are flushed and your shaking." The twins argued. "You don't look okay."

Tamaki reached up to touch Haida's forehead. "You're feverishly warm!" He gasped in terror. "Are you sick?! My poor little boy!"

"Did you have a bad dream, Haida-kun? You look scared." Honi asked worriedly reaching out to grasp Haida's wrist, fingers resting on the bracelet that the raccoon despised.

"I said I'm fine!" Haida shouted retracting his arm as if he'd been burned by Honi's touch. He pressed back into the sofa uncomfortably. "Stop worrying about me. I just had a bad dream." He disregarded their concern glaring down at the couch cushion unable to look at them. He was tense and truthfully scared.

"Well.. that does it." Tamaki sighed crossing his arms as he stood up. "Kyoya, book us a day tomorrow. Reserved just for this club." Tamaki ordered to which Kyoya nodded assumably doing as told.

"Book a day? Reserved?" Haruhi questioned in confusion. "What are you talking about Senpai?"

"Everyone is too stressed! We cannot perform at our peak like this! We need a relaxing day of fun tomorrow. A day off." Tamaki explained vaguely. "My little coon and little girl, I'll treat you to a mini vacation!"

The twins cheered in excitement and Honi also appeared excited jumping up and down while throwing Usa-Chan into the air cheerfully.

"Huh?" Haida muttered still very confused; as well as Haruhi.

"We'll spend the whole day at the water park tomorrow! A glistening oasis will refresh us!" Tamaki declared proudly.

"Water park? It's way too cold outside, dumbass! No water park is open at this time of year!" Haida huffed irritated and confused. Sure they were ultra rich and powerful, but nobody could change the season or weather, that's impossible.

"Not every water park. My family has been working to create an indoor facility that can function year round." Kyoya responded not looking up from his stupid notebook. "It's a carefully controlled environment made to simulate summertime with all of the thrills of a water park included."

"See Haida? I'm not dumb." Tamaki huffed defensively.

"Now let's talk swimsuits." The twins proposed with a mischievous glint in their eyes.