Chapter Two: Malicious Compliance

"I'm home." Haida grumbled as he entered his home, still a little spooked from his scary interaction with the glasses-wearing-host, he still hadn't caught his name.

His family clan was extremely rich but that didn't mean Haida himself was. He lived in an average small house inside the walls of the Sohma estate. Inside the walls were the Sohma's who knew of the curse or were important in some way.

Haida lived with his father here. Just the two of them; his mother couldn't bear to be around him when he was born. She couldn't accept him as her child and rejected him, she abandoned him and asked to have all memories of him erased. She got that wish. Now she lives separately from him and his father, but his dad does meet up with her regularly, spends weeks to months at her place traveling between home from home.

Haida even had a little brother. Who thankfully wasn't cursed by a spirit; he lived with their mother. As far as his mom knows she has one child.. but every now and then Haida would spy on her and his brother from afar and they seemed really happy. That made him happy.

"Finally. What took you so long?" His dad grumbled from his bedroom. As Haida peaked inside he saw his father was fixing his tie all dressed up in his suit.

"I hung out with some people after school." Haida said, which was the truth. He raised an eyebrow at his dad all dressed up. "I thought you were going to have dinner with me tonight?"

His dad looked over at him. "Well I was. But your mom called and she wanted to go out tonight as a family. I just got a pay raise at work and she wanted to treat us." He explained nonchalantly. "I would have told you earlier but you didn't get home when I was expecting you to."

Haida wished he could say he was disappointed but he wasn't really. He was used to this. His father always put his mom and brother first, and Haida couldn't blame him or feel that bad about it. "Alright. I'm guessing you're going home with them afterward?"

"Yep. Just for a few nights." His dad said as he pushed past Haida and toward the door. "Bye. Keep the house safe." His dad huffed before leaving, slamming the door behind him. And Haida was alone once again.

He shrugged off his uniform and changed into some more comfy clothes. As well as removing his binder exhaling in relief at being able to expand his rib cage. He didn't have really noticeable breasts but wearing a binder made him more comfortable when in public.

The rest of the day drug by at a snails pace. Haida warmed up a microwaveable meal for dinner wondering if his dad would bother bringing home leftovers for him from the restaurant they all went to; he didn't get his hopes up. Besides by the time it would get to him it would be cold and days old. When was the last time his dad took him out to eat? He couldn't remember.

Throwing away the packaging and heading to take a shower. Once dressed in pajamas; a loose t-shirt and boxers. He noticed his calendar by his bed; oh he was supposed to visit Akito tomorrow. He worried about how that would go as he tried to fall asleep.

He never liked to sleep at nighttime he found himself wide awake once the sun went down, but he did eventually fall into an uncomfortable sleep after laying still for an hour or two.

The next day he left the house in a bit of hurry.. having slept in once again. His uniform was thrown on in a rush and he didn't know how to tie a tie so that hung loosely around his neck some buttons on his undershirt were not buttoned correctly leaving wrinkles a skewed shirt he even forgot to close up his jacket. He definitely didn't look like the typical pristine student of Ouran Academy. 

He munched on a piece of burnt toast as he made his way toward school, walking of course. He could feel the harsh gazes and whispers of others as he walked by; not only was he cursed but he was an outsider to even the inner circle of his family. His animal spirit wasn't part of the 12 zodiac animals.. he wasn't supposed to exist.