Internship

Your eyes fluttered open and scanned the surrounding area. Rays of sunshine fell on your desk from the window behind you.

It looks like you had fallen asleep in your office at the company. You slightly stretched your numb arms. Your shoulders were aching probably because you slept in your chair.

Yawns escaped your mouth as you looked down at the files you had been studying last night. One of them contained the last known location of scarred suspect. You decided to check the place in a few days.

You looked through the scattered files to find your phone so you could message (b/n), incase he gets worried and decides to contact the police.

Also the new intern was supposed to join the agency today. You were informed by the school that he had picked your agency for his internship.

Todoroki Shoto, you don't know much about him except for his quirk. He seemed a bit cold and distant, awfully like his father.

•°•
Todoroki's POV

I was currently waiting outside (h/n)'s office. I had left the dorms early in the morning for my internship at (h/n)'s agency but I suppose I was really early because the only person that had arrived yet was the receptionist.

I would have preferred if my internship was at my father's agency but Mr Aizawa said it was a good chance for me to see how other agencies work.

After a few seconds I heard someone walking towards me so I looked to my side and saw that it was (h/n).

"Hi, you must Todoroki Shoto. I'm sorry I hope you didn't have to wait to long.", (H/n) said.

"No, it's alright. It's nice to meet you.", I replied and stood up to shake her hand.

"Come inside and we'll discuss more about your internship." (H/n) opened the door to her office and gestured towards one of the seats.

•°•
Second Person POV

"So to summarize everything we talked about, you will be patrolling areas in the city with me where crime rates are higher for the first few weeks of your internship here and after that we can work on your individual goals you want to achieve with your quirk.", you stated.

"I have one question, if crime rates are higher in some areas shouldn't more heros be assigned there." Todoroki asked.

"I'll be honest with you Todoroki, the hero society is flawed, most of the heroes are in it for either the money or fame. These people don't give a damn about saving people. They're too cowardly to actually go to actual red zone areas where they know they are most needed and there is only so much that the small bunch of righteous heros are able to do."

"Well that's just wrong."

"I know but that's how it is."

You got up from your desk and walked towards Todoroki.

"Come on let's go.", you smiled under your mask while lightly ruffling his hair.

He gave you a confused look while he tried to set his hair that had been messed up by you.

"Since we were only supposed to discuss things today and not actually work, why don't I buy you lunch."

"You really don't have to I'm fi-

"I wasn't asking for suggestions. Think of it as my first command to you as your mentor...also what do you like to eat."

"Cold soba."

•°•

Todoroki and you were sitting in the restaurant while you waited for your order.

"I was wondering what your hero name was because I didn't see one in the file your school sent."

"It's shoto for now. I don't think I have an idea for what I want it to be yet."

"I hope by the end of the internship you come up with one."

"Hmm."

After a while of talking, you got to know him better. He talked a lot about his classmates and friends, he also talked about his hobbies and his family.

You could tell he was a bit hesitant while mentioning his mom. You remember seeing him in the previous sports festival. He seemed much more calm and relaxed now.

"Hey, if it isn't my favorite hero."

The loud voice interrupted what Todoroki was saying. You looked over your shoulder to find hawks hopping over towards your table and taking a seat beside you.

(B/n) was the only one who knew your identity, well at least until hawks accidentally found out.

"Hey, isn't this endeavors kid." Hawks questioned as he placed his arm around your shoulder.

"Yes, I'm Todoroki Shoto. Nice to meet you hawks.", Todoroki greeted him.

"Todoroki is going to be my new intern.", You told him.

"And do you often have lunch with your interns?"

"I don't see why that's any of your business."

"Woah calm down just joking... well I just came over to say hi and I'll probably come by your agency today. Enjoy your lunch with mini endeavor. Adios"

He then blew an air kiss in your direction and left. Todoroki was awkwardly sipping his water trying hard to erase the scene from his mind.

"Are you dating him?"

"Huh... No! I'm not, I'm not dating him. He's just a flirt."

Todoroki raised his eyebrows.

"That I can tell."

"Haha, he's not a bad guy just a bit of a goofball.... also before I forget do you have your costume design files with you."

He nodded and took a blue folder out of his bag. He handed it over to you, but you didn't take it.

"Actually I have some stuff to do before I return to the agency and I'm afraid I might misplace them so could you personally hand it over to Miss (l/n), her company handles the support items and costumes for us."

Todoroki nodded again and placed it back in his bag.

"Here"

You handed him a piece of paper with your address on it.

"She might be busy today, so why don't you drop them off tomorrow."

"I will."

You smiled. The kid was really polite, something you were not expecting considering who is father was. You were looking forward to getting to know him better.

_____