Cigarettes

"Hello Miss (L/n)."

"Oh Todoroki, its nice to meet you."

"Likewise, however I apologize. I had to come on my father's behalf since he was busy. He said he'd personally make up for it later."

"It's quite okay. The number one is a busy man after all."

Shoto simply nodded. He was wearing a black suit with his hair styled neater than usual. You couldn't help but think he looked quite handsome.

'Stop'

You mentally stopped yourself from thinking any thing of the sort any further. What's wrong with you, he's your intern and besides you should focus on your main goal. Not admire every good looking male that comes infront of your eyes. 

Thanks to the USB hawks gave you. You knew what Okuda looked like and with the help of athena's face recognition skills. She would inform you as soon as someone close to his appearance entered the building. And just for extra precaution you told (b/n) to keep a look out.

So in the meanwhile you conversed with other heros present at the event.

"How's your internship going?"

"Good"

Ah, how does one hold a conversation with this guy when all he says is one word.

"You know you don't have to call me miss (l/n) all time. (Y/n) is fine, aren't we both close in age."

"Sure"

Alright....
This is going nowhere.

You suddenly spotted the face you had been searching for all night behind Todoroki.

"Um I have to go, have a good time though."

Todoroki only nodded and you made your way towards the man who appeared to be Okuda. He seemed to be taking pictures of the event with his camera.

It was a miracle that you were able to recognize him. He looked very different. No wonder athena wasn't able to inform you about his arrival

"Mr Okuda, good evening."

He looked up from his camera to see your figure standing in front of him with a delighted smile plastered on your face as if you had just met an old friend.

"Miss... (L-l/n)"

"Why don't we have a little chat out on the balcony it's a bit too crowded here."

He said nothing and only followed you. Upon seeing how fearful he looked you guessed getting the information you needed wouldn't be difficult.

"I suppose you already now what I want to ask you."

You faced him with the smile inhabiting your face previously gone.

"Listen kid, I don't want anything to do with you or your family. I've already suffered enough because of it. Do you know how much courage it took for me to even enter this place. And it's best if you don't go digging up the past ... for your own good."

He was no longer scared, no, he looked angry.

"Mr Okuda, you don't need to tell me what's good for me besides I deserve to know what happened to my parents. "

Okuda just remained silent causing you to sigh.

"Fine then. If you're not going to talk willingly I guess I'll just have to be forceful. Let's see, from what I have been able to gather someone is clearly trying to shut you up and that someone must have traumatized you when he made you disappear years ago. If he finds out you had a conversation with me in private. Well now that doesn't look very good for you does it. How might he know you didn't tell me anything."

Okuda was slightly shaking now even though he was trying hard to mask it by appearing to be stern.

"I can have every news outlet sharing a picture of us here on this balcony. And I think ' Missing detective from the (L/n)'s case found ' would be a fitting headline. Of course it will be a pity since you tried so hard to keep yourself hidden or you could just tell me his name."

"Ryo Fushiji"

You smiled at him once again.

"See that wasn't so hard. Now we can pretend as if we never met. You can go back to the party if you'd like I want to stay out here for awhile. The weather is awfully nice."

You leaned against the railing maintaining eye contact for awhile before he turned around and left. Your vision then settled upon the full moon showing in the sky.

It felt good, you know after years of being in the dark you were closer to knowing how and why your parents were murdered.

You took a cigarette out of your pocket and lit it. It wasn't the best habit of yours but my God was it the best stress reliever. You don't even remember when this had addiction started.

"I didn't know you smoked."

Your eyes travelled down and narrowed on the figure walking towards you.

"Your knowledge has been enhanced now."

"You should stop, Miss (L/n)."

You let out a laugh. What he said wasn't funny, you just found it amusing because you had been trying to quit for a long time but somehow ended up smoking twice as much.

The figure was now beside you also leaning against the railing.

"What I said wasn't funny."

You just grinned at them clearly giving him the vibe that you weren't taking him seriously.

"Do you know, Todoroki, that the hero you're so inspired by also smokes. You should convince (h/n) to quit first since she's your boss and all."

Todoroki glanced at you with an expression filled with confusion.

"But you're my friend, so I should advise you to quit too."

Something about him telling you that you were his friend made you feel happy inside. No one had called you that before. Even the people most close to you were there because of some purpose. Not because you were their friend.

"I'm happy you consider me your friend after we met, what? Two times."

He was flustered now.
"Oh I thought we were ... nevermind."

He looked down clearly embarrassed for jumping to the conclusion that you both were friends.

"Haha, I'm just joking ofcourse we're friends. You know I wouldn't mind even if we were something more."

You winked and playfully teased him. His immediate reaction was to stiffen. If he was embarrassed before well he was red all over now.

"Pfft- My God you're adorable. I'm sorry I tend to be annoying like this."

"N-no it's ... uh ok-kay."

Your face adorned a genuine smile this time. You would gladly take any wholesome human interaction thrown your way.

_____