Sorry, what did you say?

A/N: AHHH IM SORRY THIS IS SO LATE BUT MY PROCRASTINATION KEEPS CATCHING UP TO ME AND THANK YOU FOR OVER 7K READS
Word count: 1202

No one POV

Everyone stood up and followed Byakuya as he started sprinting towards the library. Sakura, Hina and Makoto were the ones who were really running to keep up, Hiro, Kyoko and Toko were jogging and Hifumi and Celeste walked at a somewhat brisker pace. After turning many corners they finally stopped at the library, just as Makoto managed to match Byakuya's pace. Mostly everyone was exhausted and out of breath, except for Hifumi, Celeste, Hina and Sakura.
"Why-" hiro gasped for air. "Why did we have to run the entire way?!"
"Yeah," Makoto held onto the wall to catch his breath. "Why did we have to run?" Byakuya didn't say a word, instead fixed his jacket a bit before opening the door, everyone present pausing to stare wide-eyed at the mess. Taking another look at the scene, a few more things were noticed that kyoko wrote down on a conveniently placed notepad.

-Scissors
-Message
-Cut up books
-Empty covers
-Broken lightbulbs
-Broken vases
-some sort of liquid that I'd rather not identify

(BY THE WAY IM NOT SAYING WHAT IT IS, ITS UP FOR PERSONAL INTERPRETATION, YOU GET TO DECIDE.)

Everyone looked around like this was a murder investigation. There were so many unanswered questions like 'who could have done something like this?' And 'why would they do such a thing?' Everything was weird and everyone was suspicious of at least one other person. Unsurprisingly, people stuck together in pairs. Hina stayed close to sakura, makoto and byakuya stayed decently close together which didnt go unnoticed by the others, toko seemed to be upset by that and glared right at makoto, who stepped a little closer to byakuya because he was uncomfortable being in Toko's line of sight. Byakuya soon noticed this and glared right at toko who blushed for some reason and looked away, messing with one of her braids.
"I believe we're done in here." Kyoko stood up, walking out of the room. "Byakuya, i think you and i have something to discuss." The blue eyed man let a confused look fall on his face briefly before returning to his usual stone cold gaze and following kyoko. Everyone looked at eachother uncomfortably before leaving the room. Makoto stayed with Hina and Sakura, as they were the most trustworthy among those leftin the room.

~meanwhile with kyoko and byakuya, in kyoko's room~

Kyoko pov (i know i know its odd just roll with it)
I sat on the desk by my bed as togami stood in the middle of the room, seeming a little bit uncomfortable.
"So what did you want to talk to me about?" He said dejectedly.
"Please sit down, this may take a while." I pushed a wheeled chair towards him which he reluctantly sat on, keeping his gaze fixated on me.
"Well, hurry it up. I don't want to be here longer than i have to be."
"You have feelings for makoto, don't you?" He seemed shocked.
"The hell do you mean? I dont have feelings for that plebian." He huffed, folding his arms and glaring at the wall.
"The fact that you're blushing tells me otherwise." He seemed to grow redder from embarrasment.
"Im not blushing."
"It seems denial isnt just a river in Egypt." I said nonchalantly. "Take a look at the evidence."
"Evidence? What evidence?" I handed my notebook to him. "God, it seems like people are continuously handing me notebooks this week."
"What do you mean by that?"
"Ill explain later." He was already sunken into my notes. At every point he seemed to grow slightly redder.

Evidence:
- Sticking rather close to makoto
- Very very light blush at times when just the two of them are talking
- Hasnt told anyone but Sakura and Makoto about something
- seems comforted when talking to Makoto

He sighed and handed back the notebook.
"Well?"
"I can neither confirm nor deny your statement." With that, he stood up and left the room, most likely to go back to his room. I looked through my notes on the scene we had recently witnessed.
"Something isn't right about this."

Makoto POV
I was sitting in hina's room with her and Sakura, clutching a pillow while Hina told a couple scary stories. I hate scary stories so that didn't help my paranoia in the slightest. And neither did the fact that the second after Hina said "and then I heard a knock at the door", someone knocked on the door. The three of us froze in silence, not expecting that.
"Uhhhhh demon?" Hina laughed in disbelief.
"If- if there's either a demon or someone trying to murder someone here please, please leave!" I tried my best to sound threatening and stop my voice from shaking but it didn't really do much. I glanced at the other two, slightly embarrassed and very scared. They knocked on the door again, softer this time.
"Do either of you wish to answer the door?" Sakura asked. We both shook our heads. "Alright, I'll do it then." She stood up and walked to the door, opening it and sighing. "Togami, you're finished your meeting with kirigiri already?"
"Yeah, she just wanted to discuss a few things about the scene." Once I heard byakuya talk I stood up and walked to the door, still holding onto the pillow. Hina followed me, seeming to be ready to attack if need be. I looked at the doorway from behind Sakura, probably looking like a terrified kid while doing so. It was just him and no one else.
"Makoto, what on earth are you doing?" He hummed, a confused look slipping into his face. I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment while Hina tried to hold in a laugh.
"Nothing!" I squeaked. Hina lost it and started laughing while I felt my face go tomato red. Sakura let out a small laugh while byakuya was trying to hold it together but failing miserably. I threw the pillow I was holding at Hina and then promptly flipped up my hood and covered my face. "It's not funny!"
"It's a little funny." Byakuya laughed. He. LAUGHED. Byakuya Togami, the stone cold person that no one gets close to laughed. And it was ADORABLE. I looked up at him which hurt my neck a little bit because I'm small and he's not, with my eyes probably sparkling. He seemed to be blushing a very tiny bit, it wasn't all that noticeable unless one was looking for that specifically. "Why are you looking at me like that?"
"You laughed." I whispered in awe.
"I did do that. That doesn't answer my-"
"That was adorable." A very long pause arrived where no one said anything. Byakuya processed what I said and looked at the ceiling but he couldn't escape the fact that I had already seen his face go tomato red. "I-I'm sorry it just slipped out-!" I heard Hina cackling behind me. "I'm just gonna-" with that I walked out of the room, pushed past byakuya and sprinted to my room to go contemplate all my life choices and where it all went wrong.

Byakuya POV
Uhhhhhh. What just happened?