No.

Makoto POV

I curled back up on my bed and buried my face in a pillow because my face was currently the same colour as a tomato. I didn't know how to feel. I didn't know what to feel. I don't think I'm straight anymore. Byakuya's really pretty. Like, really really freaking pretty. He's super pretty and smart and I think i'm in love. I think I'm probably in love, and I don't know what to do. I needed to consult someone. With that I got up and walked to Kyoko's room because at this point she's the most rational person here. She'd probably know what's going on. I knocked on the door but still holding onto that pillow.
"Yes?" She said.
"It's Makoto, can I come in?"
"Mhm." With that, the door opened and Kyoko was standing there in her pajamas. "Come on in." She stepped back and I walked in, hearing the door close behind me. "What is it you want to talk about?"
"I think i'm gay."
"What makes you say that?"
"I think I'm in love with Byakuya." She stopped in her tracks.
"Excuse me what." She asked for clarification.
"I'm in love with Byakuya?" I repeated.
"Are you sure?" She asked for clarification again, calmly sitting down on her bed. 
"I'm pretty sure." I sat on the floor, hugging the pillow. "He's just......a really cool dude and I dont usually think of affection or love or anything but i'd be fine dating someone if that someone was Byakuya and-"
"Okay yeah I'm gonna stop you there." She said softly, stopping me where I was. "You're most likely part of the lgbtq community and judging from what you're saying, you're definitely in love with Togami."
"Okay."
"Did you need anything else or did you just need to talk to someone else to confirm it?"
"Well, um, I don't know."
"It's alright to not know. But if that's all you needed to talk about then I suggest you go back to your room instead of getting in trouble."
"Alright, thank you, Kirigiri." I stood up and smiled a bit.
"If you do realize you need something else, you can always come back to talk to me." I thanked her again before going back to my room, and went to bed.

The next morning, everything went to hell. When everyone went down to the dining hall, taka and Hifumi were nowhere to be found.

(Insert chapter 3 + trial here, it was about time I got back on the angst because THIS IS DANGANRONPA PEOPLE)

"Well, take care everyone." With that, Celeste was taken to her execution. We were forced to watch as the elegance and confidence that she stood with came crashing down little by little. I stepped closer to Byakuya, feeling unsafe and scared. He glanced down briefly and put an arm around my shoulders, pulling me close. When I looked up he was staring straight ahead with that same stoic and cold expression he had always worn. The second the sirens sounded, I got a sense of false hope, and of course the second she was hit I felt my heart drop, my stomach felt as if it had gone into my shoes, I felt sick and tears pricked my eyes. Byakuya quickly hugged me, turning my gaze away from that horrific sight. I buried my face in his chest which wasn't all that difficult considering I'm rather small, and he rubbed my back a bit to try and comfort me, I assume.

Byakuya POV
I kept making sure that Makoto wasn't looking at the remains of Celeste's execution. It was brutal. Sure, it seems like a simple one but being in the room and hearing the screams was heart wrenching. The issue is...this time the only sounds were the fire crackling, the sirens and the crash. No screaming, no sense of agony, nothing. She seemed...almost happy. Almost. However from what I could tell she was also distressed. The second monokuma allowed us to leave, I took makoto's hand and led him back up to the dorms to try to relax and calm down because he was shaking and seemed to be about to throw up, which was never good for anyone.

Once we got to his room (I asked him where he wanted to go beforehand to make sure) he immediately curled up into a ball on his bed around a pillow and just cried for a bit. I didn't know what to do, I've never been the best at comforting people. Most of the time I worry about myself and my own well being rather than someone else. However, I knew he needed comfort so, with nothing else to do, I softly put my hand on his shoulder. Yeah, I know in hindsight it's super little but it was the only thing I could think of in the moment. He seemed kind of....shocked.
"Is Byakuya Togami showing compassion?" He half laughed, half smiled through tears.
"You just, uh, you seem like you need comfort or whatever." I muttered, looking away. He sat up and put his head on my shoulder, still holding the pillow.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome."
"It just- I don't want to lose anyone else!" With that, Makoto buried his face in my shoulder and began sobbing. I didn't realize until now how much he was hurting from this. He had always taken the lead and was the one to tell who was wrong about what and figured out the mysteries and blah blah blah. I quickly turned a bit and just hugged him, being quiet and patiently waiting for him to calm down. I didn't want to rush it, he was obviously hurting. And honestly, I can't blame him. We're all still decently young, and we've seen so much death. First Maizono, then Kuwata, Fujisaki, Owada, Ishimaru, Yamada, and now Ludenberg. I guess I agreed with him at the time. I dont want to lose anyone as well. Especially not him.