Pain

Stop it

"Bya-"

Stop it. Please.

"Kuya?"

Help me.

"Byakuya?"

Someone, help me.

"Byakuya?"

LET ME OUT OF HERE.

"Byakuya!"

Byakuya pov
I blinked back to reality, seeing I had gotten lost in my mind once again. Around me stood Kyoko, Makoto, Aoi, Yasuhiro, Celeste, Hifumi, Sakura and...Toko. Who was standing directly to my right, uncomfortably close. (I'm having this be the day after trial 2 so Taka's currently sulking in his room) Out of instinct I moved to the left a bit, trying to get out of arm's reach. But she only moved closer to me. This went on for a while until Aoi intervened.
"Um, toko, maybe don't do that. Byakuya seems uncomfortable." She said softly, putting a hand on toko's shoulder. The author reluctantly backed up, and that's when I noticed I was standing extremely straight and was very tense, with my back against the wall, my hands clenched into fists so tightly my knuckles were almost white. 
"Byakuya? Are you alright?" Sakura said gruffly, voice scratchy as always.
"I'm fine." I sighed. Liar.
"You seem shaken up by something dude, are you sure you're okay?" Yasuhiro said, clearly not buying what I had said.
"I. Am. FINE." I huffed, quickly walking out of there before anything else could be said. I heard footsteps behind me and started walking faster, and whoever was behind me matched the pace. I glanced behind me, saw toko, turned a corner and started sprinting to my room. (This man is 6'1, he be speedy.) When I was about to close the door a pair of scissors lodged themselves into the frame, right beside my head. Without a second thought I slammed the door shut, locked it and dragged a lot of heavy furniture in front of it. Once I assured myself I was safe I sat on my bed, thinking back to what had happened. Why did I get that memory all of a sudden..?

Makoto POV
Everyone stood in shock, watching Toko sprint after byakuya. To me he seemed...scared. Really really scared.
"That was...odd." Hifumi huffed, breaking the lingering silence in the room.
"It seems to me that Byakuya was acting very unlike himself. Wouldn't you agree, Kyoko?" Celeste said eerily, in the same tone she would have said anything else. She was impossible to read. Kyoko nodded, clearly deep in thought.
"Earlier he seemed to be a bit uneasy but now I'm concerned on wether or not he's alright, in terms of his mental state. The odd thing I've noticed is that whenever Fukawa gets a bit close to Togami, he seems to become a bit more tense than usual. Almost like he's expecting her to do something or she makes him remember something that he might want to forget." The lavender haired one said softly, in her usual monotone voice. "Perhaps there's something about Togami that he buried within himself so that it would fade into one of the little things that lingers in the back of one's mind."
"I agree, there's definitely something about Byakuya that's very different than how he usually is." Sakura hummed.
"What do you think happened that pushed him to become cold and distant..?" Hina murmured, a slightly concerned look falling over her face.
"I don't know." Hiro muttered.
"To be honest I'm not sure if I want to find out..." I whispered.

A few hours passed and there had been no sign of Byakuya. However we had found an alter ego of Chihiro (almost wrote chiaki) that also had an alter ego Mondo programmed in it. We brought that to Taka and he seemed to be significantly happier than he'd been the past few days. But there was no sign of Byakuya anywhere, which was odd and became increasingly concerning. As for why I was concerned, I had no idea. He didn't seem to care about anyone so there's no reason I should be worried about him. But here we are. At the moment I was sitting in my room, on my bed with my notepad and a pencil, writing stuff down in bullet points on one of the pages.

- Byakuya acting weird
- suddenly becomes tense
- uncomfortable around Toko
- denies anything about not being okay
- hasn't been seen in 6 hours
- zoning out randomly
- been looking behind him a bit more
- runs away from Toko/Genocide Jack/Jill/Syo whenever she gets too close
- more distant than usual
- seems distracted
- anxious
- byakuya is scared of something?

In another set of pages I had put everything that was somehow connected into more detail. This all seemed like strange behaviour that no one has seen at all from anyone here. Sure, Sayaka was paranoid but she decided to find a weapon to defend herself with. Mondo, Leon and Sakura don't really have a reason to be paranoid, they could all easily win in a fight against someone. Toko has a split personality of a serial killer and has a concerning collection of scissors. I could go on and on for a while on reasons that people could defend themselves from danger or find a way out of it so there was not really a time or place in which this kind of behaviour was ever seen. It wasn't even seen in Chihiro, who was very very small. But he was crafty. If only Mondo had sent him to Sakura instead of killing him...but that's getting off topic. I placed the notepad on my nightstand, setting the pen I was using beside it. I stood up and grabbed my key, walking out the door and making a beeline towards Byakuya's dorm. I was going to get to the bottom of this if it was the last thing I did. That is, until the nighttime announcement went off and I turned around, went back to my room and went to bed like a good kid.

Byakuya POV
I've been pacing for a very long time. How many hours has it been since the nighttime announcement went off? I'm not sure. I'm not sure of anything at this point. I haven't slept in a few nights because of the reoccurring nightmares that have started ever since that Toko decided it would be a good idea to try and get close to me. The same handful of images flash in my mind again and again. Being pinned to the walls and ground. The sound of a zipper. Several zippers, actually. Begging for her to stop. And of course the pain. All of a sudden I heard something move, so I froze in the middle of the room. When I glanced at the door I went wide eyed in absolute terror.

The furniture in front of the door was moving ever so slowly.
Someone was trying to force their way in.

Makoto POV
I woke up suddenly to the sound of screaming. Of course I fell out of my bed and grabbed my key before sprinting towards the source. On my way I saw Sakura, Hina, Hiro and Kyoko all sprinting in the direction of the scream as well. The five of us slowed to a stop in front of byakuya's room, which was becoming increasingly more odd. The door was open a little bit, enough for me to squeeze through. However I was not prepared for what I saw.

There was a ton of furniture around the door, seemingly used as some sort of barricade so that no one could get in. Toko was standing in the middle of the room, extremely confused and I think aroused for some reason. In the farthest corner, byakuya was curled up in fear with his knees pressed against his chest and his back against the wall, eyes wild with panic. His breath was fast and shaky, his hair an absolute disaster. His jacket was sitting on his bed and his glasses were smashed, right in front of Toko. Small beads of sweat formed on his forehead while goosebumps formed on his forearms.
"Togami? Are you...okay?" I whispered, not wanting to scare him. No reaction. That's when I noticed his gaze was locked on Toko. I motioned for Sakura to come in, to which she complied. After one look at the room she quickly removed the author from the situation, taking everyone else with to not send Byakuya into more panic.

Once I was sure everyone had left and went back to bed, I slowly made my way over to our resident affluent progeny. He tensed up immediately, attempting to shrink farther into the corner he was in.
"Togami, it's just me. It's Naegi." I said softly, sitting beside him. No response. "I won't hurt you."

A/N: about time I got this done. But yeah, I decided to write something non-BNHA related because the fandom is currently going though hell and I don't wanna start up and wars of any kind. So I'm writing some danganronpa stuff instead since I like that too. I might make a part two depending on the reaction but for now I'll just leave this here.

Words: 1519