Thor- Ch. 5

Word Count: 1701

Word Count: 1701

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Odin waltzed into his treasure vault with Thor, Loki and Aria in tow just in time to see The Destroyer retreat back into its cavern.

Aria skidded to a stop as she surveyed the sight before her. Her mouth hung slightly agape in shock as Thor and Loki came to a short stop beside her.

There was Shattered and melting ice strewn about the floor, icicles dripping down from the ceiling above them, and frost cascaded everywhere. The small ponds of water that were there as decoration were frozen solid, straight through and a few feet in front of the stairwell laid the blue-skinned bodies of the Frost Giants. At first it was hard to see them, as they camouflaged perfectly in the deadly winter wonderland scene, but once you got a closer look, you could catch glimpses of their twisted and smouldering remains on the floor.

The air that surrounded them was ice cold, and with every breath they took, a thick fog emitted in front of them from their nostrils. Aria opened her mouth and breathed out slightly causing a cloud of white fog to form in front of her eyes.

Odin and his three children slowly made their way up to The Casket of Ancient Winters, looking around every now and then surveying the damage the Frost Giants caused.

They could hear the ice crack and the snow and frost crunch beneath their feet with every step they took as they continued their way to the Casket. 

They were about half way there when Aria looked down to her left and saw a moulted blue arm holding onto the stone edge, half-sticking out of thick ice that cracked where the bottom of the limb met the frost.

Aria shuddered and quickly averted her gaze forward where her eyes met a limp, frozen asgardian warrior.

She slowed down slightly as she took in everything around her. Looking at her eldest brother's disgusted expression and her others conflicted one, she couldn't help the thought that crawled it's way into her mind

All of this destruction was caused by ice she thought as she looked back at the now dead Frost Giants, Is it possible that I could be one to cause destruction like this?

She then looked down and examined her hands. She took notice of the slight frost that started to sweep it's way from the tips of her fingers, down to the palm of her hands in reaction to the frozen scene around her

She felt her skin begin to grow colder as she got closer to the casket, and the inevitable rush of adrenaline and fear that clouded her thoughts

"The Jotuns must pay for what they have done!" Thor snapped bringing Aria back to reality

"They have paid, with their lives." Odin responded calmly as he examined the relic the Jotuns nearly stole "The Destroyer did it's work, the Casket is safe, and all is well."