Thor- Ch.9

Word Count: 2166

Word Count: 2166

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aria felt her feet hit something solid. She threw her arms out to steady herself as she squinted her eyes open slightly in an attempt to shield the bright light that the Bifrost emitted.

Her frostbitten skin thawed in the new high temperature of the room, the pink dust disappearing from her cheeks as her body regained it's normal temperature.

Once she regained her senses, she looked around to find her and her companions back in the golden dome that is Heimdall's observatory.

The sun was just beginning to set in Asgard, creating a beautiful cascade of golden light to reflect off of each golden surface. The ocean water twinkled in the sunlight as it danced it's way over the edge of the planet, falling into nothingness. The breeze that travelled through the air was soft and warm, a comforting feeling-- the calm before the storm.

"Why did you bring us back?" Thor spat at their father, bringing Aria out of her daze

"Do you realize what you've done?" Odin yelled as he stormed over to the controls to the Bifrost "what you've started?"

Oh lord here we go again Aria thought as she shared a nervous look with her raven haired brother

"I was protecting my home." Thor stated, nearly cutting their father off

"You cannot protect your friends. How can you hope to protect a kingdom?" Odin retaliated as he ripped the Bifrost sword from it's controls before aggressively throwing it at Heimdall

Towards Lady Sir and The Warriors Three who collectively were holding up an injured Fandral, "Get him to the healing room! Now!" he ordered

Sif, Volstagg, and Hogun hurry to help Fandral out of the room, not wanting to witness or be a part of this family squabble. Heimdall soon followed them out, wanting to give the family some privacy for their argument

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if you're afraid to act!" Thor countered. There was a small pause as Odin simply stared at his son. Thor took this as a sign to continue on his little rant "The Jotuns must learn to fear me as they once feared you"

Aria froze up at the revelation, scurrying to stand beside the god of mischief.

The two siblings looked at each other, fear evident in their eyes as they both anxiously shuffled around, taking a deep breath in an attempt to ignore the argument going on between their eldest brother and their father.

"That's pride and vanity that talks! Not leadership! Have you forgotten everything I've taught you? What of a warrior's patience-?"

"While you wait and be patient, the Nine Realms laugh at us!" Thor cut his father off "The old ways are done. You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls!"