one : train tracks

Elijah Lance Adler was not popular. He wasn't forgotten or bullied either. He was somewhere in the middle.

His best friend Caleb Norman, was the captain of the football team and the so called hottest guy in school. Elijah played quarterback.

Yes, Caleb and Elijah were the best of friends. However, Elijah didn't like the popular life much. He preferred sticking to a corner with his nose caught up in a good book or writing songs that someday he would sing to the love of his life.

"You'll be at the game tonight right?", one of his football mates asked him.

"Yeah but I'll be heading home right aft-"

"Why dont you come down to Jenna's party tonight? I never see you at parties...bet you could get at least a dozen in bed.", his friend said wiggling his eyebrows placing his hand over Elijah's shoulder.

"I'll think about it", Elijah mumbled before shrugging the other boys hand off his shoulder.

As much as Elijah did not like parties or any sort of social gathering for that matter, he did like girls. He wouldn't deny that he enjoyed sex. Some would call him a player. That was only half true. He did sleep around a lot but it was known that there's no strings attached.

It was lunch now at Amster High, and Elijah had no interest in sitting with the football team. He grabbed his jacket from his locker and made his way towards the one place he'd often run off to.

The train tracks.

-

Jade Amelia Repond was not popular. She wasn't forgotten or bullied either. She was somewhere in the middle.

Everyone knew who she was. They knew she was best friends with Abigail Miller the school's "slut" and that she was on the cheerleading team.

Other than that no one other than Abigail really knew who Jade was and surprisingly she liked it that way.

"So are you coming to the football game tonight?", Abigail asked Jade as the two strolled out of second period right before lunch.

"Duh it's kind of what cheerleaders do", Jade replied making Abigail scoff.

"Are you coming to Jenna's party after?"

"no."

"Come on Jade! Just this once. I promised it wont be boring and at least one guy will want to sleep with you so you can finally feel something", Abigail pleaded.

Jade Repond was a virgin. A proud one at that. She didn't really want to sleep with anyone unless she found her one true love. Call her a hopeless romantic but she'd shrug and say that it is what it is.

"I'll think about it", Jade huffed in response to Abigail as they walked to their lockers to grab their lunch.

Jade had no tolerance to sit with Abigail today. She would only badger her into going to that stupid party or force her to sit with the football team. She needed to breathe.. so she went to the one place that she could think of

The train tracks.

-

Jade Repond drove, Elijah Adler walked.

Jade arrived at 12:34 PM and Elijah arrived at 12:42 PM. Jade sat beside the tracks tracing the visible veins on her arm.

Elijah saw her and sighed. He really wanted to be alone but he decided against leaving. He liked it there.

He knew who she was the minute her saw her. He recognized her long brown pony tail that she always has while cheerleading.

Jade heard the crinkling of leaves and turned to see Elijah standing there. She gave him a soft smile

"Why are you here at the tracks Adler?" , she called out. He made his way down and plopped himself next to her staring at the tracks with a smirk plastered across his freckled face.

"To breathe...take my mind off things. What's your excuse? "

"I guess you could say the same thing" she said with a sigh.

In that moment Elijah took a real look at the girl in front of him. His eyes pierced through the seas of chocolate he saw in her hazel brown pupils. "Tell me about yourself Jade Repond" he said.

"I don't like talking about myself"

"That's why nobody knows you", he remarks at her statement.

"nobody wants to know me"

Elijah considers this. He didn't know how to respond. That's when he decided that he didnt want Jade to tell him about herself. He didn't want to hear it. He wanted to see it.

He wanted to live it.

She eyed him suspiciously questioning his thoughts that were currently making laps within his brain.

"What?" , she asked with innocence laced in her tone.

And all Elijah could do,

Was smile.