seven : wake up

she rested her head on his bare chest, wrapped in the white sheets. She slowly moved and smiled at the sleeping boy beside her.

"Wake up," she whispered as she kissed his ear. she bit the bottom of his ear lobe. "wake up."

he stirred silently. she giggled at the small noises he made as he woke she kissed all the way around his ear, his cheek, his nose, and then lingered at his lips.

he rolled over slightly, kissing her bare shoulder and wrapping his arm around her more. he was breathing heavily, and searched for her arms to calm him. he must of had a bad dream.

"you're trembling," she whispered with her eyes closed. he smiled, closing his eyes well wrapped beside her.

"i'll be alright." he responded.

he shifted slowly, and then sat up in the bed, she sat up beside him, and wrapped her arms around his bare chest, resting her chin on his shoulder, and whispered in his ear as he stared out the window.

"why are you getting me ready to leave so early?" he closed his eyes as he stared at the rising sun, and felt the warmth of her against his back he sighed with a smile. "you have to go before someone sees us, Repond" he teased, she giggled and kissed his cheek.

he pulled his shirt over his chest but did not button it. he laid back on the bed and she rested her face on his bare chest, the sun cascading off them. he pulled the blanket up onto her.

she nuzzled on his chest and closed her eyes.

"Whos gunna seee?"

he smiled. "no one, hopefully, if you're out in time."

he kissed the top of her head. "stupid." she mumbled. he scoffed.

he pulled the sheets over his head and flipped so he was on top of her. "let them see us! just as long as i have you." Jade giggles iridescently. and she looks up at Elijah as he shelters them in the small sheet fort, leans down and kisses her.

he pulled the sheets around them both and sat them both up on their knees, and
kissed her passionately. she smiled into his lips. Elijah's door flung open, and Jade let herself fall off the edge of the bed, pulling the sheets along with her to cover her body.

"Elijah!" his mother cried, he blushed profusely. the women let out a laugh. "you should get her out of here before your father sees, say your goodbyes."

and then she was gone. Jade peered up at him as he sat on the bed.

"is it your father you're afraid of?" she whispered as she slipped her clothes back on. he sighed and put his head in his hands.

"he doesn't like ... girls? no. it's not that. that's a bad way to put it." he stuttered.

she giggled. "he doesn't like girls as a distraction. he wants me to focus on school and studies and my future."

Jade pouted her lip slightly and then kissed his lips. her hair was still damp and she brushed it slightly with her fingers.

"i'll jump out the window." she smirked. she opened the window and popped out the screen. she slid out the roof

Elijah came over and kissed her slowly and tenderly a soft goodbye through the window. "be safe. i'll see you later?"

she nodded with a smile and then crawled her way off the roof safely. he watched as she grabbed her bike and rode off quickly. he watched her until she was out of his eyesight.

he smiled to himself and ran a hand through his curls and let out a small laugh. life is weird.

-

after that day; Elijah and Jade were inseparable.

they didn't intend to fall in love with each other, but I don't suppose you can control things like this.

usually when two people have sex on the first night of truly knowing each other, you'd consider that a one night stand. not for Elijah and Jade.

that was just the beginning of many more memories. he'd pick her up for school and they'd go places after school, to movies and dinners and shows.

he'd watch as the snowflakes fell on her nose and she scrunched her nose like a bunny and giggled. he thought she was the most fascinating person in the world.

Jade did keep her promise. she sat with Elijah at lunch the morning after, and everyday after.

even through the talks and banter and whispers they heard when they walked down the hall, they both didn't seem to care enough to do anything to stop it.

"let them talk," Elijah whispered in her ear. "let them stare. what an enchanting thing we are."