Efforts · Pt 9

Did I just update all 4 of my books? Yes I did 😌
-
-
-
Ok... You can do this, you need to do this.. This was your mistake, you need to make it right...
??? pulled out his phone and began to send a text to the phone number of someone he needed to talk to.

Hinata was currently in the dorms, figuring out what he was going to do. In just a few days, there was a chance he would be face to face with Karasuno. Of course it would start drama, which he wasn't too fond about, but there was no avoiding it. He was sitting in front of the desk in the room, thinking about what could happen, though his thoughts were interrupted when he receives a text from another unknown number.

Unknown Number

?: Heyy Chibi chan, Ik I'm probably one of the last people you wanna talk to, but I need to talk to you about something..

It took Hinata a minute to realize who it was. But when he did realize he felt kinda stupid for having to think about it in the first place. There was only one other person who always called him Chibi chan besides Kuroo. Though he already had Kuroo's number saved, which only left one person. Unless someone just randomly decided to start calling him that regularly as well. Though he doubted that.
He didn't really want to talk to him that much to be honest, but he had to at some point, so might as well get it over with. It's not like he can really just continue to run away from the issue. Plus Hinata was curious what he had to say. As well as how he got his number in the 1st place.

Unknown Number

H: Oikawa??

O: uh yeah.. Anyways can we talk?

H: um sure..? What about?

O: well I was actually hoping to tell you in person

H: idk about that... Also how'd you get my #??

O: Iwa-chan gave it to me

Hinata thought about it for a minute. Iwaizumi wouldn't have just given Oikawa his number after what happened unless it was important. He sighed as he began to type out another text.

Oikawa

H: ... When and where do you wanna talk?

O: really?? Are you free now?

Now?? I mean it's not like I have anything else to do.

Oikawa

H: yeah, where do you wanna meet?

O: how about at the park near where I saw you last time.

H: ok, I'll be there in 10

He put his phone down and began to get ready as he thought about what Oikawa could want to talk to him about. It's been a few days(almost a week) since the incident near the cafe. To be honest though, Hinata wasn't mad about it. Sure Oikawa could've reacted better, but in the end no one got hurt.
He left a note on the desk for Tendou and Ushijima, letting them know where he'd be. He could just text them but they were currently busy at school working on a project and he didn't want to disturb them. Picking up his phone he walked out of the dorms and began to make his way to the park.
When he got there, Oikawa was already there. He watched from a distance as the brunette paced back and forth, one of his hands through his hair, and the other in his pocket. Hinata took a deep breath before he approached him. Oikawa turns around and notices the younger.
"Chibi chan! I didn't really think you were gonna come" he said with a nervous smile as he rubbed his nape.
"Uh yeah.. What did you want to tell me Oikawa?" Hinata asked looking up at Oikawa and tilting his head to the side. It was quiet for a minute while Oikawa figured out how to put it into words. He wasn't really the best at this kind of thing.
"Uh so I'm not really good at this and usually I'd have iwa~chan helping me but... this time I don't.." He started off. Hinata already knew what he meant and felt a little bad for him, but it was kind of to be expected after he cheated. Hinata stayed quiet and allowed Oikawa to continue.
"But I just wanted to say I'm sorry Hinata, for everything. I was just being stupid and selfish... I knew better but I did it anyways. I stopped talking to Kageyama completely, I know it doesn't fix much but it's a start.. I-iwa chan and I b-broke up... Also I know you didn't deserve better than what happened.. I hope you can forgive me- o-of course you don't have to if you don't want to-"
"Stop.." Hinata said cutting off his last sentence. As Oikawa spoke, Hinata has been looking at his eyes for any hints of it being fake. Though all he saw was an apology through his eyes. He was truly sorry.
Oikawa now had tears in his eyes as Hinata held back a couple of his own as Hinata hugged Oikawa, attempting to calm him down and make him feel better a little.
"I forgive you great king"
Oikawa smiled and returned the hug upon hearing this along with the nickname.
After a few minutes they broke the hug and wiped the fallen tears away.
"Well.. Since we're already here do you want to hang out for a bit? I'll pay for food as an addition to the apology" Oikawa said. Hinata thought about it for a minute before he smirked "hmm ok, no take backs though" and walked away with a smug look on his face.
Seeing this, Oikawa began to regret his offer. He's definitely going to get a lot I just know it.
After they get something to eat they sit and talk a little.
"Soo how's mr refreshing and the rest of your chaotic team?" Oikawa asked still not knowing about the transfer. "... I don't know, I moved schools" Hinata admitted making Oikawa a bit shocked with a bit of guilt. "Is it because of... You know..?" He asked as he looked away.
"No that's not why, I actually transferred before I found out" Hinata told him and Oikawa let out a small sigh of relief. "Then why?"
"Well... I'd rather not talk about it but here" Hinata said as he pulled out the phone and played the recording. "Oh.. I knew there was something off about them" Oikawa said as he had an angry pout after the recording finished.
"Yeah I transferred to Shiratorizawa now". For a second Oikawa almost choked on his drink hearing this.
"So that's why they were there that day-" "yeah haha"
They continued to talk when Oikawa noticed something and raised and eyebrow as he smirked.
"Sooo chibi chan~ who's the lucky guy~?" He asked, pointing to a hickey that was halfway covered by Hinata's shirt. The younger turned redder than Tendous hair hearing this as Oikawa laughed. Hinata was very quick to change the subject. Though Oikawa wanted to know, he didn't wanna make the younger tell him if he didn't want to, he would still make sure to bring it up eventually though.
After a bit they said their byes and parted ways after Oikawa took a picture of them.

Iwa~chan

O: look Iwa-chan! I apologized to chibi chan and he forgave me! 😋

(Ik this is a timeskip picture but just pretend it isn't)

Seeing this message Iwaizumi was surprised. Usually if Oikawa apologized to anyone it was because Iwaizumi made him. But this time Oikawa apologized to Hinata on his own, without being told or needing a volleyball thrown at his head.
Though they weren't getting back together anytime soon(they may or may not eventually tho) Iwaizumi couldn't help but smile. It had only been a few days, but Oikawa was trying his best to make things right. It doesn't mean it'll fix everything, but he's actually making an effort. Iwaizumi sighed, small smile on his face. That's to be expected from Shittykawa, tries and doesn't stop trying no matter what. He thought as he chuckled lightly and put his phone away.

Hinata got back to the dorms and yawned. He was tired but as soon as he walked in was swarmed with questions from Tendou asking where he was and if he was ok.
"Where did you go? Are you ok? Did something happen? Where were you?"
Hinata looked at him confused "didn't you guys read the note?" He said pointing at the note clearly on the desk. The two third years look at each other, then at the note before Tendou looked back at Hinata. "Uh- no we didn't" he admitted.
"*sigh* I was with Oikawa-" he began. Hearing this Ushijima stood up from his bed looking at Hinata and Tendou was about to start asking more questions before Hinata cut him off by continuing.
"He just wanted to apologize for everything and then we talked for a bit, that's all!" He told them. Though they were still a little sceptical. They didn't really trust Oikawa but they let it go seeing Hinata yawn again.

The 3 of them went to sleep, Hinata cuddled with Tendou since it was his turn to lay with him.
Hinata fell asleep peacfully.
Today was a good day

Why isn't boke replying to my calls or texts?? Neither is Oikawa! What the fuck!?
-
-
I actually love Oikawa so I couldn't let myself leave him as a bad guy the whole time, I'm sorry 😫
-
Hope you enjoyed!
Have a good day/night 🖤