𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐩

i wake up about half an hour before they were suppose to arrive. i put on a white shirt with light denim shirts and a skinny brown belt with white converse. i brush my hair and my teeth and go downstairs to sit at the table. i'm very quite and my mother notices.

"hunny, are you sure everything is alright? you've been very quite" she says looking up from the news paper.

i nod. "i'm fine mom" i say quietly.

"doesn't seem like it" richie says getting up and putting a bowl in the sink.

"well i am! and by the way, bill and the others are coming over" i say.

"that's fine" my mother says looking back down at the news paper.

i hear a knock on the door and it scares me. i grab richies wrist and pull him to the front door with me. everybody was there.

"my mom can't know what happened. so nobody tell her, and that means you too richie." i say closing the door after everybody gets inside.

"is everything okay?" beverly ask me.

"you'll see" i take them upstairs to my room and i stand in front of the closed bathroom door.

"in there" i say quietly.

"just show us!" richie says going to open the door as he opens it everybody's faces drop.

"you see it?" i ask.

"yes. what the hell happened in here?" eddie says.

"i-i don't know. i heard whispering from inside the drain so i went to check it out by sticking a measuring tape in it then these things that looked like vines grabbed my neck, and wrist then blood came pouring out of the drain as the vines let go of me. my mother couldn't see it and i need help cleaning it" i say.

we finished cleaning the mess and it's just me and ben left in the room. everyone else is downstairs getting something to eat.

i guess i still look scared.

"hey, are you okay?" ben says.

"yeah, even if i weren't. i'd be okay" i say taking off the yellow rubber gloves that were now stained red.

we stood in silence just staring out the bathroom window.

"it's not true you know" i say.

ben looks over at me. "what?" he ask sounding curious.

"what they say about me. i've never been kissed before" i say looking over at him.

he puts a little smile on his face but it quickly fades away.

"i didn't believe them anyways" he says.

"good" i say smiling which he smiles back too.

me, beverly, bill, stanley, eddie and ben are all walking out bikes down our street while richie is biking.

"y/n, if this happened last night why wouldn't you have told me sooner?" he ask.

"because, you have a big mouth and i know if i told you first you would've told mom" i say.

"wait, isn't that belch huggins car?" beverly says.

"and isn't that the homeschooled kids bike?" i ask.

"yea, mikes" eddie says not taking his eyes off the car.

"we should go help him!" beverly says.

"we should?" richie ask rolling his eyes.