chapter 1 - the first day

"and when your heart knows, it knows, there's no explaining it. you can only trust it."

- unknown

the first day

Katerina twist and turned being completely lost. She had no idea where she was going. Katerina sighed adjusting her skirt. Katerina followed a group onto the train.

Katerina walked slowly in the tight walk way, not knowing where to sit. She passed by each compartment, looking in for only a split second. She walked into an empty one sighing.

Katerina sat down grabbing her notebook. She looked down, spacing out.

She sat there scribbling in her notebook, not even realizing a girl walking in.

"Do you mind if we join you?"Katerina looked up to see a gorgeous girl smile politely at her. Katerina smiled back. "All the other compartments are full."

Katerina blinked. The girl had flawless orange hair and a beautiful smile.

"Yeah of course." Katerina moved her bag to make space for the girl and her friend.

"Thank you." The girl sat down in front of Katerina, the boy followed, "I'm Ginny Weasley, Gryffindor 3rd year." Ginny looked over at the boy, who sat beside her akwardly, "This is Neville... Longbottom, Gryffindor 4th year." Ginny said for him,

"Katerina Bennett. I am a transfer student." Katerina shut her notebook.

"Where did you transfer from?" Ginny asked,

"A muggle private school in London."

"A muggle school?" Neville asked, "Are you muggle-born?"

"Half-blood." Katerina corrected him, "My mother wanted me to have a regular teenage life, I guess."

"I've always thought about having a muggle life." Ginny smiled, "How is it?"

"Boring." Katerina smiled, "Extremely boring..."

Ginny and Neville laughed aloud.

+++

Katerina bit her lip nervously as she waited for her name to be called. Katerina's heart beat faster as Professor McGonagall called her up. She sat on the chair facing everyone. They all stared at her waiting for the hat to be placed on her head. The sorting at began to speak,

"Mhmm, this one is difficult." Katerina glanced at Ginny who smiled holding her thumbs up. "Complex..." Katerina made a face, "Courage... creative... intelligence.. Ravenclaw maybe.. no.. no.. Gryffindor!" The sorting hat yelled. Ginny clapped loudly and cheered.

Katerina plopped down beside Ginny,

"God I hated that." Katerina sighed,

"You did fine! I'm so glad you're in Gryffindor! You're going to love it." Ginny cheered. Katerina looked around noticing everyone whispering to each other,

"What's everyone whispering about?" Katerina whispered into Ginny's ear,

"You of course." Ginny whispered back. "You're the new girl, we hardly ever have new students." Katerina hated the whispers. She always hated them.

"That's pleasing." Katerina forced herself to smile,

"Don't worry," Ginny noticed Katerina's vibe change. Ginny smiled trying to comfort her.

"When we get to the common room, I'll introduce you to everyone." Ginny patted Katerina's shoulder. Something about Ginny made her feel calmer.

George turned to see the new girl everyone was talking about.