chapter 17 - when the party's over

when the party's over

"George?" Fred said quietly. Katerina turned, looking into George's cold eyes. George clenched his jaw, but did not say anything.

"George." Katerina looked at the ground, letting go of Fred. "What are you doing he-"

"What are you doing?" George muttered, "Seriously? My brother?" George pointed at Fred.

"It's no-" Fred spoke up but was quickly interrupted by George,

"And you." George looked his brother, betrayed. "Out of all the girls, why her? The girl I- ... you're supposed to be my brother and you-" George shook his head biting his lip.

"George, I..." Katerina spoke up, her eyes began to water,

"No. You don't get to play the victim." George muttered coldly.

"Neither do you." Fred narrowed his eyes walking up to his brother. "Wipe that sad look off your face, you're not the only person who gets to move on! She owes you no explanation! All you've been doing is playing the victim when you're the one who left. How pathetic." Fred glared into his brother's eyes.

"Get out of my face." George growled, Fred moved closer,

"Or what." Fred gritted his teeth.

George shoved Fred away. Fred quickly regained his balance, clenching his fist. Fred pushed George back. George clenched his fist punching his Fred's jaw. George winced as he pulled his hand away.

"You're dead." Fred growled, soon tackling George.

"Stop." Katerina yelled.

They ignored her, fighting as if their lives depended on it. Neither wanted to lose.

Fred head butted George's face, breaking his nose. George yelped in pain, punching Fred's face once again.

"Enough!" Katerina held out her hands. Magic travelled to her hands, separating them with her power. "You guys are being idiots."

"The only idiot here is him!" Fred struggled trying desperately to keep fighting. Katerina released them, standing between them. Still Katerina kept her arms extended, she faced Fred.

"Just go, Fred." Katerina exhaled deeply, "I'll meet you, okay?" Katerina's eyes softened. Fred still glared at George. Blood streamed down their faces. Katerina grabbed Fred's face, making him look at her, "Please." Fred exhaled deeply. He clenched his jaw as he stormed out of the ballroom.

"How fucking lovely." George muttered,

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Katerina turned, raising her voice.

"Me?! You're the one snogging my twin brother like some... some slag." George hissed. Katerina's eyes widened. Katerina slapped George across the face.

"You don't get to use me as some rebound and then call me slag." Katerina's voice broke, "You think you have any right to call me that when you left me for one?" George looked away, "I was in love with you and you left me! I didn't mean to kiss Fred or for any of this to happen." Katerina exhaled deeply as she watched George bite his lip, looking away. "This is pointless."