chapter 27 - melancholy

George laid in his bed, silently.

He wrote vigorously.

' Katerina,

Please come back. I know that you think you did what you had to. Your mother is in pain. We all are. I cant imagine my life without you and I don't want to. I don't know if you will ever see this or if you're okay. Please write back. You belong here. Please come home. Your parents are looking everywhere for you. My mother has forbade me to help. She thinks I'd go rogue and sacrifice my life. To be honest, I would. If it meant you got to live yours. You had plans. I miss you. I haven't been able to sleep knowing you are out there, alone. God. It haunts me. I know that you are strong enough to fight back but please stay safe. We will find you and bring you home.

- GW '

George walked to his window, he opened it widely. He handed it to the owl.

He watched as the owl flew into the night.

George sighed. It has a been a week since Katerina disappeared. He laid in bed restless.

All he could think about was Katerina.

*Time Skip*
-

Katerina began to shake as she read George's letters. Her eyes filled with tears as she read each word over and over again.

She longed to be reunited with her friends and family.

Draco looked down at the ground as he handed her another letter.

"I grabbed them before my father could find them." Draco muttered softly.

He felt sorry for Katerina.

He spent most of his nights listening to her sobbing as the rest of the household slept.

He'd want to console her but she never allowed him near her.

Except for today.

Katerina sniffed as she read the George's heartbreaking words.

"God," Katerina sobbed. Her chest hurt so much.

Draco stood silently.

He knew he couldn't help her in the way he wanted, so he stood there.

Standing beside her as she cried.

He didn't say a word.

He didn't move a muscle.

He just stood there, not allowing her to feel alone.

He didn't want her to feel alone.

He admired her bravery and selflessness.

She made Draco want to be a better person.

-
*2 months later*

George walked downstairs, being greeted by his mother.

"George," Molly seemed surprised to see him. "I'm glad you're feeling better. Are you hungry?"

George's eyes were red, they always were.

Not once has he received a letter back. He wrote to her every week. Or whenever missing her become too much to bear.

"No, I just came to see if I received any mail." George inhaled deeply.

Molly frowned.

That was the only reason George ever came down.

He asked her the same question ever day, all summer long.

"Yes," Molly handed him 2 envelopes. "Ones from Bill and I assume the other is from Charlie."

George nodded slowly, walking back upstairs.

George set the mail onto his desk, he kicked his chair away. Sitting on his bed.

He stared at the mail.

He was starting to lose hope.

He grabbed the mail, opening it quickly.

He skimmed through Bill's letter easily, setting it on his night stand.

He opened the other that had nothing written on the outside.

' George,
As I'm writing this, some dim wit is standing at my side. He's been kind to me over the past few months which is oddly comforting. He knows I'm writing this to you and thinks I can't see him sneaking peeks.
I'm okay. As much as I hate being away from you all, I'm doing okay. I'm sorry about what I did. I did it to save not only Cedric, but all of you. Voldemort was set on making sure the people I loved suffered if he didn't get what he wanted. I should've told you from the beginning. I'm no regular witch. I am a Bennett Witch. The most powerful bloodline in the history of wizardry. My family was one of the first founding witches, making me very powerful. My blood is valuable to almost every and any cause. I didn't tell any of you because I wasn't allowed to. My family was forced into hiding after people who used dark magic hunted us for centuries.
Hogwarts was supposed to be a fresh start for me. And then you met you guys. You are the best things that have ever happened to me. You brought color into my dull life and made it worth living. I thank you for that. Don't worry about me. I do not regret my choices and would do it a million times over. My only regret, is that I didn't tell you that I love you back, George.
I do love you. I always will. But you have to move on. There's nothing left for me. You have a whole life ahead of you. Live it freely! Move on and enjoy what life has to offer. Live a life you can be proud of! That goes for all of you. Please. Tell my mother and father that I'm sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt them. They spent their entire lives trying to protect me, it's time I did the same. I made a vow to Voldemort that as long as all of you are safe, I remain under his hand. I'll meet you all again in another life or another time.
Don't write to me anymore, George. I cant risk them finding the letters.
I love you all endlessly.

- Katerina '