chapter 8 - the first task

"two damaged people trying to heal each other, is love."

- R. H.

the first task

Katerina put on her red suit. Her hands were shaking, her anxiety took over her body. Katerina put her hair up exhaling deeply. She walked around the tent pacing.

"Psst." she heard from afar, "Katerina, is that you?"

"George?" Katerina asked,

"Hey Kathy, how are you feeling?" George whispered.

"Are you alright?" Fred peaked his head through the curtain.

"Fred?" Katerina shoved his head back. She looked around making sure no one was listening, "I'm scared." Katerina admitted, staring at her hands.

"You'll be okay." George spoke,

"All you have to do is be strong and concentrate." Fred added,

"Against a dragon?" Katerina asked herself, suddenly arms wrapped around her, holding her tightly. Katerina smelled George's cologne and smiled.

A flash of light blinded them,

"Awe! How adorable. If anything goes wrong today, you might even make the front page."Rita smiled evilly. Fred joined the two, who glared.

"You have no business being here. This tent is for champions and friends only." Viktor Krum argued. Rita turned facing him.

"Well, no matter we've got what we want." Rita turned walking out of the tent, with a small smirk on her face.

Katerina faced the twins. She grabbed them hugging them again, knowing this may be the last time she gets to.

***

Katerina stood in the circle picking out her dragon. She was left with the Hungarian dragon. Katerina stared into her hand.

"You ready?" Cedric asked,

"No." Katerina simply answered.

The canon exploded making Katerina flinch.

Katerina walked into the stadium as people yelled and screamed for Katerina. Katerina's heartbeat uncontrollably. She looked at the golden egg. She took a deep breath as the stadium went quiet. Katerina walked toward the egg.

A dragon dropped, waiting for its prey. Katerina got knocked down. She quickly got up running. The dragon spit fire making everyone scream.

Katerina jumped from rock to rock, dodging the spiked tail of the dragon.

Katerina stood up facing the dragon, she gasped as she was thrown by its tail, hitting her head on the rock.

Her sight went blurry and ears rang loudly. Katerina looked at the blood on her hand. She stood up once again refusing to give up. She escaped a wave of fire thrown at her.

"Well done DRAGON!" Fred yelled excitedly. George punched his twins shoulder.

"Pyrox Allum!" Katerina pointed her wand at the dragon, it was a pain inflicting spell. The dragon screamed in pain scaring everyone in the stadium.

Katerina hid behind a rock, breathing heavily. She chanted to herself quickly trying to concentrate.

Katerina held her hand up grabbing onto the broomstick, she threw herself on the broom stick, flying away.

Everyone cheered. Katerina reached for the egg but missed it by a few inches. She did a 180 levitating in the air,

"Motus!" she yelled, the entire stadium went quiet as the egg flew into her arms.