chapter 5 - our day

"she's mad but she's magic. there's no lie in her fire."

- Charles Bukowski

our day

George's eyes fluttered open softly as the sun hit his face. He rubbed his eyes, slowly sitting up in bed. He groaned as he stretched.

A smile quickly formed on his face, at the vague thought of Katerina. He quickly stood up walking into the bathroom.

George dried his hair quickly wanting to hurry for breakfast. He looked into the mirror one last time before he left. He sighed trying to make himself presentable.

George walked out of his dorm, hesitant, preparing for Katerina's presence. He walked into the common room and still no sight of her.

Fred waited for his brother in the common room, talking to the 5th year he met at the party. He looked up seeing his brother, walking towards the hall. Fred quickly ended the conversation walking up to stop his twin,

"What are you doing?" Fred grabbed George's shoulder,

"Going to eat breakfast." Fred squinted his eyes,

"You never get breakfast on Sunday." George rolled his eyes,

"Well today I'm hungry." George crossed his arms,

"You're going to look for that 4th year girl aren't you?" Fred questioned,

"Her name is Katerina." George corrected him,

"I know her name." Fred rolled his eyes walking beside his brother, "What were you two doing the other night?"

"Nothing." George cleared his throat, avoiding the question. Fred narrowed his eyes,

"You did nothing?" Fred spoke,

"Yes, nothing." George looked away,

"You're a terrible liar." Fred laughed at his brother, "Tell me, seriously."

"Nothing. We just talked." George smiled at the thought,

"Just talked?" Fred looked his brother, "No kissing? Nothing?"

"No. We danced and just talked about everything." George looked at his brother, who looked horrified,

"You actually talked?" Fred said almost disgusted,

"Yes." George responded now annoyed.

"Georgie, there's nothing wrong with talking, don't get me wrong." Fred stopped George in the middle of the hallway. "But by the looks of it, it seems like you like her."

"I only just met her." George crossed his arms,

"That doesn't matter." Fred made a face, "This is exactly what happened last time." George's smile disappeared.

"This is nothing like last time." George said seriously to his brother, Fred noticed how bothered he seemed.

"That's not what I meant." Fred said defensively, "I'm sorry for saying anything." George walked around his brother, continuing his way to the Great Hall.

Fred watched his brother walk away from him. Fred sighed knowing what was going to happen.

George smiled once he saw Katerina, who sat beside Ginny laughing. He walked to the Gryffindor table, walking closer to her. Katerina had her back facing George, as he came up behind her, covering her eyes.

Katerina smiled as George's big hands covered her eyes. She instantly realized who it was. Katerina did not move. She smiled widely.

"What are you doing?" She asked George,