○°Just a little rest. . .°○

*This scene was supposed to be before chapter 2, but just pretend it was after that, I'm truly sorry*

Author's pov:

(Y/N) (L/N) and Rengoku Kyojuro have now arrived to meet Oyakata-sama for any demon missions to slay off their list. They were both ordered to go check to see the Mugen Train. There were reported missing people in the train, so they both had to go.

As the two were just about to leave they heard a voice talking to them from behind.

"Are you two heading to battle?"

Rengoku turned his head with a hmm? While (Y/N) stayed silent and just turned around.

"Is that you, Kocho?" (I mean, who else when you see with those two eyes of yours?)

"We just got some new information about a demon and the slayers who confronted him got taken out.We're losing rank and filers, too, now. We can't stand by and do nothing!" Rengoku said as (Y/N) yawned from behind him in boredom.

"Could it be the Twelve Kizuki?" Shinobu asks.

"Most likely, yes. It might be a member of the Upper Ranks." Rengoku responded to her question.

"It sounds like a difficult mission, but as long as you and (Y/N) are going, there's nothing to worry about." Shinobu assured.

"Yes, (Y/N) will be very much in help with this mission!" He praised (Y/N) as she nodded her head a bit, showing her thanks, but she was a little bored and tired from just hearing them just talk and run dashing back and forth.

"Kocho, what's your plan taking in the head-butting kid? You said you were going to add more Tsuguko, but I'm sure that's not the reason." He said along, while (Y/N) heard a bit of more interest in what he meant by this "head-butting kid" she didn't quite know fond of. Though she actually already knew who the person was in person, just not in what Rengoku described him as named. She just became a demon slayer after their meeting for Tanjiro's trial with protecting a demon, which was his little sister.

"Don't worry, it's not as if I'll gobble him up, all right?" Shinobu jokes.

"Well, of course you wouldn't!" Rengoku said. Thinking he took it a little too literally?

Rengoku started laughing in a high voice, turning around to leave walking as (Y/N) turned around too, to walk with him out.

"Be careful." Shinobu said loud enough for (Y/N) to hear.

"You too, Kocho-san." (Y/N) replied turning her head back a bit to face her then back to the front, as Shinobu was a little taken back that she heard her, but then smiled it off as they both walked away.

The two of the Hashiras still had time in their hands until they arrived at the train station, so they went back to the flame estate.

(Y/N)'s pov:

I wanted to apologize to Senjuro as soon as I arrived back at the flame estate, but I just became so tired out of nowhere. Sigh, welp I'm just going to give him a short apology then go to sleep before battle. I thought to myself.

A few minutes later Rengoku and I arrived at the flame estate. Once we came back home Senjuro greeted us with a welcome.

"Ah, welcome back Aniki and (Y/N)! I made a small treat of onigiri before you leave." He said as he handed one to his brother.

He then offered one to me, but I refused.

"(Y/N), you should eat before you leave. Please do eat first and I'm sor-

"I'm sorry for rejecting your offers of help for me earlier today," I said as I cut him off.

"N-no! It's ok! Though I'm sor-

"Can you sit down on your knees for me?" I cut him off again.

"Uhh umm, ok?" He then did as I asked him.

I then laid my head on his lap, taking a small rest.

"Huhh!? (Y/N)!? What are you doing!?" Senjuro started panicking about what he should do while moving his arms in the air as I just ignored him and continued to lay on his lap resting.

A few seconds later he finally stopped panicking, and stayed still quiet. I was now finally able to now rest with no loud sounds around me.

Senjuro's pov:

(Y/N) is sleeping in my lap! I repeat!

(Y/N).

IS.

SLEEPING.

IN.

MY.

LAP.

As I was looking at (Y/N) sleeping in my lap now. I felt a pair of eyes staring at me.

It was Aniki.

"You do seem to like (Y/N), don't you Senjuro!?" My brother said with the food still in his mouth muffled in a loud voice as always.

"UMAI! Your food is UMAI Senjuro!" He added as always everytime he eats the food I make.

"I umm! uhh. Sigh, y-yes. I do like (Y-Y/N). . ." I replied to my Aniki.

I heard (Y/N) groan a bit and then felt here squirm or move a bit since we were talking a little too loud, so Aniki decided to just stop talking and so did I.

A few minutes passed by and I was just thinking about (Y/N) or looking at (Y/N)'s figure. I touched her locks of hair and tucked some of the hair behind her ear from her soft face. I had no idea what to do at all since (Y/N) was still sleeping comfortably in my lap and my Aniki eating all the onigiri I made for him and (Y/N). . . . Until all of a sudden (Y/N) held my arm and her hand holding my hand against her cheek, laying on it. She was still asleep, so I couldn't move as much now. I was quiet on the outside, but yelling and panicking on the inside as my cheeks became a blossom pink touch to them.

"It's time for (Y/N) and I to go now Senjuro! You can wake her up now." Aniki said as he stuffed some wrapped onigiri into his haroi standing up, getting ready to leave.

"(Y/N). Umm (Y/N). Please wake up. You have to go now." I said a little louder for each word I spoke out of my mouth, nudging her to wake up to go to her next mission.

"Hmmm? Oh, sorry. Ok I'll be going now I guess. . ." (Y/N) grumbled a little as she rubbed one of her eyes.

"Alright younger brother! We'll be going now! We'll see you back from our mission." He waved as (Y/N) slightly waved. I waved back, hoping they'll make it back safe.

Author's pov:

"You sure are sleepy today (Y/N)!" Rengoku asked (Y/N).

"Yeah. . . I didn't get much sleep last night. . . I'll manage though. . ." (Y/N) rubbed her eye again while talking to Rengoku.

Their way to the train station was now their destination yet to be arrived at.

•I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I'm usually always up late at night, to write at 7pm-2am. That's the max for me! Though tomorrow is my last day of my break so my updates might bow be in the morning time where I'm at. Just a heads up from the Author! I'll see you in the next chapter! Byeeee again!•

Edit: Maybe I will change my mind and continue to update this book because of how proud I was with this book. I'll pick a time when I feel like updating this book, thank you for taking the time to read my book ^^

1278 words