Chapter 2: Teambuilding

After driving for a while, trying to stay under the radar for the moment, he found the Wood house somewhere in Arizona. To his disappointment, no one answered the door. He waited for an hour, and Ollie returned home from work. Marco was still in his vehicle, not wanting to risk being run over, and once he noticed him, the gun nut said, "I remember your voice. You're the son of a really rich man, and you want me on your side, don't you?"

Marco replied, "That's correct. You're great with guns, and I have plenty in the trunk. Join me, and you can become part of something greater than yourself!"

"What could be greater than me?"

"Perhaps... a group whose leader contacts his servants with magic helmets? Or... a mission that allows you to kill anyone that is not an ally of yours?"

"Sign me up! We will preserve the legacy of the Founding Fathers!"

"Onward we go!"

He decided to get Boulderfist next. Marco asked, "How far could he have gotten from the jail he was in?"

"It's been... about five or six months. He could probably go from coast to coast twice if he used a plane."

"Well, I'm going to stop and ask him where he is."

Marco drove off the road, which was not a problem for his modified van. Once he was sure no part of it would touch anyone on the road, he called him on his phone.

Boulderfist said, "Hello? Who is this? Why have you bothered me?"

"It's me, Marco Conrad. The guy that contacted you a while back."

"I remember. What do you want?"

"Where are you? Where do you live?"

"I live in Springfield."

"That's a common name. What state do you live in?"

"I live in Springfield, Texas. I'm there right now."

"I'll go there, then!"

"It was nice talking to you."

"I'd like to see you in person!"

After that, Marco hung up, waited for an opening on the interstate road he was next to, then drove back onto it.

After less time driving than when he went from his base to where Ollie was, he arrived at the Hill residence. He rang the doorbell, and Zak came out. He had an athletic body, had very short hair, had a beard and mustache just as short that connected to his hair. His outfit was yellow tank top, red and white striped shorts, and black boxing boots. He realized that it would be easy for people to recognize him, as his face was recognizable when people recorded him deviating from the script of a match from 1999, where he killed his opponent. He had already cleaned the blood from his outfit, even though he used his strength and environment instead of weapons. He went back inside and came out in a pink hoodie and matching long pants.

Marco said, "I'm the guy who called you earlier, wanting to recruit you."

Zak replied, "That's what you look like?"

"Yes. Got a problem? I'm really rich, so I can kill you and not get punished."

"I-I didn't need that remark, but I'll join you!"

"Ollie, go in the back seats. Zak, sit in the front passenger seat. I'll drive."

"Please, call me Boulderfist. I prefer to remember those days than bury that fatal incident."

They got in their seats, and they drove off towards Boston, where Tyrell was.

Driving from eastern Texas to Boston took quite a while. They stayed at motels for each night they weren't there. They had to stop for gas multiple times, and they bought a lot of food and drinks at the convenience stores at the gas stations. Marco used ATMs to get his father's money to pay for those things.

Eventually, they made it to where Tyrell was last seen. He was not there, so Marco got out and called him.

Marco asked, "Where are you?"

"Oh, shit! I forgot about you! I'll go back to Boston!"

After another day, he returned, and he saw Marco.

"Join me to become part of a grand design!" Marco said.

"... Sure, I guess," replied the former military medic.

Marco said, "Ollie, get in the middle back seat. Tyrell, choose either the left or right back seat."

Tyrell chose the left seat. Marco said, "Onward we go to Gunner!"

He didn't know where Gunner was, so needed to call him.

"This is Marco Conrad, the guy who called you requesting you join me."

"I remember you."

"Where are you?"

"I'm in Philadelphia, Pennsyl-"

"Look, I know what state that city is in. That's where I'm going next, to pick you up. Stay in the city."

"I understand."

Driving south near the east coast of the US was far shorter than the drive from Texas to Boston. They still needed to stop at motels to sleep, gas stations to get gas as well as food and drinks, but they arrived sooner than they expected.

Marco called Gunner and said to him, "We're now in Philadelphia."

"I'll just wander around the city and see if I find your car."

"It's a cargo van with steel armor, spikes, a ram, and a grid in front of the windshield. You won't be able to see inside the windows."

"I'm starting my search now."

"Good luck!"

After six hours, he had found them. Marco said, "Join me!"

"I wanted to join the heir to one of the richest companies in the world anyway!"

"Get in the back right seat."

"Why that one?"

"The rest are taken. I'm driving."

"I understand."

The helmet that Marco used to talk with his master vibrated. That meant his master wanted to talk to him through it Marco put it on, and the voice of his master said, "Now that you have a full party, go rampage on interstate roads. Feel free to use the weapons you have in the trunk to kill people. Once the federal government notices you, demand that they make a law or executive order that makes it so the tiny freaks like the one you used to own are treated like pests that should be killed. If they don't listen, threaten to destroy Capitol Hill and the White House. If they still don't listen, follow through with your threats."

"I understand, Master."