Chapter 4: Killer "Giants"

The next day, when Marco and his party woke up in the motel, the leader was tempted to rob the motel, but he decided against it because they wouldn't have much money.

Once the other four men, who were Zak Hill aka Boulderfist, Ollie Wood, Gunner Booker, and Tyrell Dodson, all woke up, Marco said, "Now that we're rested, let's go back on the interstates!"

They got back to their van, and Marco started it up again. He turned on the radio in an attempt to block out the noise from the gunshots, but as Ollie started shooting after switching seats with Tyrell, the gunshots were far louder than the music on the radio.

Suddenly, the helmet Marco brought with him vibrated. Marco knew that meant his master had a message. He said, "Boudlerfist, switch seats with me and drive."

The former wrestler said, "O...kay?"

They swapped speeds while cruising above the speed limit to keep up with the other drivers, and Marco put it on. He got a telepathic message from his master saying, "Your actions have already earned you the attention of the FBI. For now, I have a way for you to get off their trail."

"What would that be, master?"

"You remember those tiny freaks with body parts from mice and dragonflies, like the one you used to own before you left him to die?"

"Yeah... That bitch who hit my dick calls him her 'little brother' so I have another reason to go after her."

"Yes. Those. There are three communities of them I want you to go after. Or rather, I think you would want to go after."

"Where are they?"

"One is underneath a bowling alley. Another is under the floors and inside the walls of a Bullseye, a department store chain. A third is in a forest, where they're trying to hide from humans like you. All are supposed to be secret, and all are located within the continental United States."

"Am I allowed to kill all of them in each?"

"I'd prefer you expose them to the public, then kill some of them. This should make people think of them as pests and not as sentient creatures."

"Ugh. I hate the thought that humans share this world with another species. May I rob the Bullseye?"

"Go ahead."

After days of searching every bowling alley, Bullseye, and forest he came across, he found the Bullseye where Kinnises had a proper society.

A worker looked at them and asked, "New customers? We're having a sale!"

Marco replied, "We're... uh... pest control."

"Are you going to spray poison?"

He laughed, then said, "We're... more advanced."

He had brought the helmet he used to talk with his master, and his master said, "Put on the helmet."

Marco did so, and he felt a lot of power surging through his body.

Marco said, "Now, let me handle this."

His natural voice was there, but there was another voice overlaying it. That voice sounded far more sinister.

Marco started floating, and everyone there immediately realized something was up, even his allies. There was a glow coming from in front of the palm of his hand. From it, he fired a powerful blast at the floor, hoping it would make a hole, but it did not due to being an energy blast.

For the Kinnises secretly living in that Bullseye, the day started as normal. It all took a turn for the worse when they heard an unfamiliar voice say that he was pest control. Expecting poison, they were shocked at the fact that a blast came from their ceiling, which was under the floor of the Bullseye from the human perspective. What shocked them most was the fact that it froze Kinnises solid, preventing them from moving.

Marco, who they did not know the name of, fired more blasts. Once four blasts were fired, they went into a panic, and their voices were able to be heard by the humans above, patron, worker, and felon alike.

"Now to take a risk," he said, and he fired a homing missile out of the palm of his hand, which made a hole in it that was immediately patched up. The shock wave of the powerful explosion of that missile when it hit the floor killed multiple shoppers. It also opened a hole that revealed that there were indeed tiny people living beneath the floor of the store. The explosion killed all of them as well, but some living ones walked into being visible when the shock wave had subsided.

Marco used fired another missile at the walls, revealing more tiny people inside them. He glared at the workers and said, "Give me food or drink, and let me have it for free."

"W-why should we listen to you?"

"Would you rather have these blasts be directed at you?!"

"R-right this way, sir!"

He found the food and drinks, and he stole them. One of the less experienced workers made a joke and said, "We're having a robbery sale! Everything is free!"

Marco turned towards the surviving shoppers, who were now witnesses to his crime, and said, "Don't you dare take my food!"

After that, he fired a third missile at the wall, which killed a lot of Kinnises, and surviving ones once again walked into being visible. He managed to grab a Kinnis man who survived the explosion by being far from it but was panicking from inside the walls, break his legs, throw him on the ground, and step on him, crushing him under his foot.

Ollie yanked the helmet off. Marco screamed in pain, then said, "Oh, it hurts! It hurts! Why did my master combine those five kinds of blast?! The recoil from that and its extreme cold hurt! And the missiles dig through my hand to fire! WHY?!"

They heard police sirens, so they ran to their van and fled the scene.

"Alright, what happened here?" One of the officers asked.

"T-there were tiny people living in the walls and under the floors of this building. Some man claiming to be pest control came by, put on a weird helmet, and somehow fired blasts of energy from the palm of his hand!"

"Let me let you in on a little something: The public has known about those tiny people since at least 2007, when many photos of them surfaced on MyFace and Fakebook. Legally, there was an amendment to the Constitution passed granting them the same rights as a human, but we've had trouble enforcing it, and it's a low priority across the country, especially in states that lean towards being politically conservative."

"So... since he killed at least one... does that make him a murderer?"

"Yes!"

"And he robbed us!"

"So that's three criminal charges at least: Destruction of property, murder, and robbery. Did anyone take a photo of his face? Or the face of his accomplice, if he had one?"

"There were four. Accomplices, we mean. We took photos of them. There's probably a group photo of all five of them."

Unaware that they had earned multiple stars on their wanted ranking, Marco and his party went back to killing things on interstate roads on the way to the bowling alley where Kinnises lived underneath it. Ollie had directly shot drivers of five more cars to death, and many more vehicles crashed because of his actions. Once Marco got back on an exit to a more normal road, he saw that there were multiple police vehicles after him. The helmet indicated that Marco's master wanted to talk, so he put it on.

"You've showed yourself as an enemy to the tiny freaks. They should fear humans in general now. Abandon the one in the forest for now, focus on the one in the bowling alley, and make sure the cops don't catch you!"

"I understand, master."