Chapter 7: ThrilLand

With police still on his tail from two incidents where Marco committed multiple crimes, he saw a sign saying, "ThrilLand next exit" and he got an idea. He would hide from the cops in there. He didn't tell his party what his plans were, and he didn't use turn signals because he thought the cops would cut him off because he would reveal his plans to enemy drivers.

Once there, he realized that he needed disguises. He saw a clothing store with a silly name, so he decided to steal some hats and long coats. The ones he stole were dark gray and brown so they wouldn't overheat. He also stole a silly disguise for each of them in the form of fake glasses with no lens and a mustache.

They put their disguises on, and the coats and hats were quite effective at hiding who they were.

They had to pay $5 to enter the park, so they assumed the rides were free. They paid for it with money Marco took out of his father's bank account, which wasn't much of it. They looked around and realized that not only was it an amusement park, but it was also a zoo. They saw cages everywhere, but didn't see the animals because they didn't focus enough.

Ollie said, "This place reminds me of the titular theme park/zoo in Triassic Garden."

They tried to enter lines for a ride called the Mini Cars, but someone stopped them and said, "Er... you need to pay for the rides."

Marco angrily spoke some gibberish, but said, "You can't make me pay to enter the park and also pay per ride!"

"Uh, we can. And we do. You also have to pay for drinks, food, maps, and umbrellas."

"Ugh. Fine."

Marco stormed over to an ATM and withdrew enough money for their stay at the park. He gave them each some of the money, went back to the Mini Cars, and paid the $2.40 each ride cost. They found it boring because it was slow, and complained about it once they were done. Someone said, "It's not a thrill ride."

Feeling ashamed of themselves for not realizing that, they wandered over to two mazes. One was called the Mini Maze and cost $1.50 to enter. The other once, known as the Spiral Maze, also cost $1.50. They decided to go on both because Marco withdrew $300, far more than they would use.

They got lost and were tempted to break a hole in it to escape, but managed to get out. They saw an information kiosk selling umbrellas and maps. They bought a single map to share among all of them, and the first thing they saw when they opened it was a ride called Cycle Monorail 1. Curious, they wandered over there and saw it was like the Mini Cars, but with cars shaped like small helicopters. It cost $2.00, and they paid up. They hoped it would be faster, and were disappointed that it was also slow.

They looked at the map, and searched for Cycle Monorail 2, but no such ride existed. They asked a worker about where the second one was, and he said, "Uh, I think it's still being built."

"Damn it!" Zak said.

The next ride they went on was a suspended roller coaster called Flight of the Phoenix. It cost them $5.70, and it was the most thrilling and intense ride they had been on up to that point. There was no fire, but it was still intense for some of them, though others were nauseous afterwards.

After Flight of the Phoenix was over, they found a water ride where guests rode in log flume boats, and it was called Logger's Revenge. It cost $4.60.

"That's pretty damn expensive! Though not as much as Flight of the Phoenix." Marco said. Kids stared at him and the other men, learning a new swear word. On the ride, it was not as exciting as Flight of the Phoenix, but it was still more exciting than most of the rides they had been on. The next ride they were on was called Mischief. It was a wooden roller coaster that cost each of them $6.40.

"That's even more fucking expensive than both Flight of the Phoenix and Logger's Revenge!" Marco said, not caring that he was teaching kids swears. Despite that, he had enough money, so they decided to go on it anyway. It was more exciting than Flight of the Phoenix and Logger's Revenge, though it was also more intense, especially to some of them, and some of the other people riding with them vomited once they got off.

All that walking made the five fugitives hungry and thirsty, so they stopped at a pizza stall.

"We want 10,434 pizzas!" Marco said.

 Boulderfirst said, "By the time we'd finish the last one, the first one would likely get cold."

"It was a joke."

They ordered a single pizza topped with pepperoni, sausage, onions, mushroom, olives, and peppers. They split its eight slices among each other. Marco got two slices, Zak got three, and Ollie, Tyrell, and Gunner each got one.

They still needed drinks, so they stopped by a drinks stall. As it turned out, it only sold cola. They ordered one can for each of them, and they liked it.

They saw and went to a souvenir stall selling cuddly toys and umbrellas. Tyrell bought a cuddly toy from them, and when the others in the party questioned him about why he, a grown man, would buy such a thing, he became defensive.

They decided to go on another wooden roller coaster called Woodchip. It cost each of them $5.90, and it was more intense than thrilling, so they were not happy with it.

They decided to focus more on the zoo part of it, and they examined each of the animal cages more closely. There were animals like buffalo, lions, warthogs, African elephants, Asian elephants, bison, black bears, moose, grizzly bears, gray wolves, chimpanzees, gorillas, tigers, polar bears, and emperor penguins in cages. They looked to have the ground type, water type, foliage, shelter, and type and number of rocks that matched what was in their natural environment. Even though Gunner was working with felons and may have been one himself, he couldn't help but feel happy that the animals were in exhibits that looked accurate, along with them being happy and healthy.

Right after they walked past the emperor penguin enclosure, they saw a water ride called Ropey Rapids. They wandered closer, and they saw that they had to pay $3.60 for it. However, before they went on it, Marco noticed a poster saying "WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE" and had what he presumed to be a photo of his group someone took. Instead of the word "DEAD" it had the word "ALIVE" stapled over it, evidently taken from another one of these posters and stapled on. He fled the park, followed by his confused but obedient party, who ran to keep up with them. When he got back to their van, police were investigating it, having already found several illegal weapons. Boulderfist attacked them, stole their guns, and threw them to Ollie. He caught them and shot the cops, confirming that Marco was not the only felon among them.

They eventually got their van and weapons back. They were only missing one thing- ammo. Ollie had used the last of the ammo they still had, and the rest of it had been confiscated.

"That's it! We're buying ammo at Crawl-Nut! They have guns there, so they likely also sell ammo!" Marco said.