Chapter 8: Preparation

Once Marco and his party were on the road again after fleeing ThrilLand because of the wanted poster of them, they noticed that not only were police cars and police helicopters both after them, but due to attacking people on interstate roads, the FBI was now after him and his party. He used a GPS to find the nearest Crawl-Nut location. It was a Super Crawl-Nut, made where a Super Bullseye once stood when that store couldn't support itself anymore.

Once the five felons arrived at the Super Crawl-Nut, they legally bought bullets for Ollie and his machine gun because it ran on bullets used for pistols, rifle ammo for the assault rifle, and shotgun shells for the normal and double barreled shotguns. They heard the sounds of whips and assumed that the employers were lashing their own employees.

They also saw canned peas of the brand "Eat Peas!" and canned corn from the same makers of the brand, which had the name "Eat Corn!" He also saw a bottle of wine called "Savage Wine" They saw a TV playing Foxy Nooz, and the tagline of that news network was, "The propaganda wing of the Republican Party!"

This tagline was quite accurate due to the fact that Foxy Nooz leaned quite heavily towards the right-wing, which meant that they were conservative when it came to politics. They were also kind of unreliable and had issues with being extreme, though they were a real news source better than fake news sources of both the satirical and hoax variety.

Marco and his party bought the canned vegetables, checked them out, and got back in his modified van. His helmet had a message, and when he put it on, his master said, "I know what you want to do, but I want to be the one to kill your enemy, along with the tiny boy she took in. So don't!"

Marco took it off and said to his party, "I'm ready to get revenge on that bitch and her family, including the tiny freak she has the audacity to call her 'brother!'"

Fortunately for the Newman family but unfortunately for Marco and his party, San Lajen was on the opposite side of the country from where he was, so the party had to stay at motels during the drive there. During the first night of the journey, Marco heard a sinister voice in his head different from that of his master. The voice said, "I know you have defied your master's orders."

"...Yeah. He can't hear us, right?"

"Correct. He is unaware of this conversation. I have a deal for you to gain the power to rival your former master. I can make it so that, once you die, you don't end up in Everrot-"

Marco said, "What is that?"

The voice said, "There are three possible places a mortal soul can end up in the afterlife. Good mortals end up in Zahky, which is the best place to end up. Mortals that are neither good nor evil end up in Unthyr, which is a place of boredom and dullness, but not suffering. Evil mortals end up in Everrot, the worst place to end up. While Zahky and Everrot are molded different ways based on their nature, Unthyr cannot be molded by mortals. You are most likely doomed to Everrot. However, I have a deal that can make it so you won't go to Everrot when you die. Instead, you'll end up somewhere else in Spri, the spirit world that is a counterpart to Mae, the world of matter that most, if not all of what you know exists in. You would become a fiend upon death, and you could regain a physical form by possessing your own corpse after your death. It's like living twice, only the second time can potentially last forever."

Aware of how that could go against him, he asked, "What's the price?"

The voice replied, "You need to offer me 1,000 platinum coins, 10,000 gold coins, 20,000 electrum coins, 100,000 silver coins, and 1,000,000 copper coins. By the way, a single coin weighs about a third of an ounce, so 50 coins weight a pound. Due to the exchange rates, all of those values of those kinds of coins are equal to each other."

"We don't use those anymore. We mostly use paper money, at least in this, the most glorious of countries."

"As an alternative, you can offer your soul."

"I'll find a way to get all that wealth, then hand it to you. I will not offer my soul!"

"How long will it take to get that money?"

"I don't know yet. But I'm not making any contracts for now. Contact me every night like this so I can keep updating you."

It took many days for Marco to get to Zaslas, from where he would get to San Lajen, a suburb of that city. He decided to make some preparation at his base, but he forgot to tell his party that their next stop wouldn't be his target.

"This doesn't look like a suburb," said Ollie when Marco arrived at his base.

"That's because it's not. It's my base. I'll try to rely on the element of surprise against her, so don't you fucking dare send threats to her!"

Zak said, "You never told us where she lived."

"Oh. She lives at 242 Conifer Drive in San Lajen. I know because I broke into there once to kidnap the tiny freak I left to die, but she found and took in. I learned that address because my master said it to me."

Gunner asked, "Why do you even hate her to begin with?"

"She hit me in the balls! I could tell she was holding back, so I can still literally fuck a woman and get her pregnant, but it hurt!"

"I can imagine it would."

"Also, she beat me in a fight despite having far less money than me. That isn't right. I should be better that her by default!"

Ollie asked, "Boss, why do you loathe those mouse fairies?"

Marco replied, "Because they defy categorization like the freaks that they are! They look like tiny humans, but have tails and insect like wings that are not one to one with any kind of insect's wings! No vertebrate is supposed to have more than four limbs, and their wings are not like those of any other vertebrate! In regards to their tails, since humans and apes had a common ancestor and both lack tails, why would an entire species so much like a human get tails?! And those tails are not like those of mice or rats because they are smooth instead of hairy, furry, slimy, or scaly! Another point that makes them defy being categorized by science is the ears of those mouse fairies! Why are they so much like those of mice, yet are colored gray in contrast to those of any rodent species I know of?!"

Tyrell asked, "How did you even learn of them, anyway?"

Marco replied, "The year was 2007. It was the middle of summer. Out of nowhere, photos of those freaks flooded Fakebook and MyFace! I couldn't stand it because I thought those were fakes! When I learned that they were real, I was even more upset because of how much they defied being categorized like every other animal in the world!"

All five of them heard police sirens and realized he and his party had been sitting ducks, so they rushed to the modified van and fled the base, starting the drive to San Lajen with the police and FBI teaming up to try to catch him...